About a month ago I had a floating umbilical abdominoplasty. I'm worried that now I will need a revision. (Photo)

I'm not sure if the procedure was correct. I feel I still have a pot belly and loose skin. He placated my muscles from sternum to pubic bone & moved my belly button one cm down. He said he cut a fair amount of skin too. Why do I still have this over hang in my lap? He performed vaser lipo to my flanks as well but now I have a lopsided waist. Is this all due to swelling? Will it all magically settle down? He undermined skin in a narrow section towards sternum and performed a drainless abdominoplasty

About a month ago I had a floating umbilical abdominoplasty. I'm worried that now I will need a revision.

Seems to me you needed a full TT but opted for the float technique. Only in person examination would allow a decision if you could be correct with a full TT. 

One month out

After look8inga a  your photos I would give it some more time.Almost everybody will have a little skin fold when they sit.When you are standing it looks good and from the side you still have a little bulge below your belly button.Don't know if your doctor tightened the muscles but give it some more time.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and the pictures. You are still in the early inflammatory phase of healing. During the initial phase after surgery, within the first three months, there is a period of inflammation and scarring that must occur in order for you to heal. It is during this time that you will appear swollen, lumpy/bumpy and potentially firm. Over ensuing months these processes will subside and the inflammatory process gives way to scar softening and remodeling. It is during this time that you will start to see your results appear. I tell my patients that they will not see their final results for at least 6 months.

I would recommend you continue close follow up with your plastic surgeon as they are in the best position to evaluate and treat you in the post operative period. This will allow you and your surgeon the chance to further discuss your concerns and help allay any anxieties you may be experiencing.

I hope this helps. Best wishes.

Abdominoplasty post op. Some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. 

A month is not enough time to talk about final results but is evident that you have some sagging skin and for that we can consider about performing a mini tummy tuck to have a flat abdomen. I also recommend you a waist and back liposuction to improve your body contour. 

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Abominoplasty

I think it is still early. But I will recommend some abdominal tightening exercises. May be you did not have enough skin for a full Abdominoplasty. I will not second guess the surgeon without seeing your before photos. 

Oladiran Afolabi-Brown, MD
Macon Plastic Surgeon