2 days after BA uniboob? (Photo)

I have a big bruise all the way diwn my breast bone amd I am 2 days post op after ba. I love my results so far but I am scared the swelling is not going to go away and my boobs will join together to form a uni boob.... ???

Too early to judge

I know it's scary to come out of surgery and have things look so strange, but the swelling and brushing will subside. You just need to be patient and kind to your body as it recovers from your surgery. Best, Dr. Nazarian

2 days post op

You are so early post op, swelling, bruising discomfort are all totally
normal.   Continue to see your surgeon for follow up care and be patient.   Good Luck1

Richard Rosenblum, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Bruise

Some bruising and swelling are normal.  Your early result does not suggest symmastia and is probably due to normal swelling with a little bruising.  Give it time to resolve, and stay with your surgeon; share your concerns with him.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

2 days after BA

Thank you for the question. You are still in the post operation recovery stage. It is not uncommon to feel pain, itchiness, and slight abnormalities during this period. It usually takes about 8-12 weeks for the wounds to heal and around 4-6 months for the implants to fully settle. It would always be best to visit your board-certified plastic surgeon and get a full assessment for your concerns. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Early postop

You are still very early postop and things will settle over the next few weeks and months. All looks as it should and I am sure by the time your PS sees you for a wound review that a lot of the swelling will have gone down and he/she can reassure you face to face.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation / Breast Implants / Anatomic Implants / Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

BA recovery

Thanks for your post. No, you will certainly lose quite a bit of swelling over the next several weeks. I would not worry. You appear to have a nice, early result. Follow up w/ your surgeon routinely. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Patience

2 days is too early to make any significant assessments, BUT you do not have symmastia.

Be patient, cont in to follow your post-op instructions given to you from your PS, and good luck. Looks to me like you are on your way to a very nice result.

Best.

Kirk Moore, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Symmastia

I don't see any symmastia in the photo. It may take several months for the implants to settle. Looks like you're on your way to a nice result. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Symmastia

Thank you for your question and providing photos. Based on your photos I do not see any signs of symmastia. I tell all my patients that it will take 4-5 months for all your swelling to resolve and your implants to fully settle. I believe you will end up with a very nice result. Best of luck