Is this normal or of serious concern or reasoning for this please?

I'm a mother of 2 and in between had 2 miscarriages. My last and 3rd was of twins at 20 weeks and 3 days due to womb rupture. Two months later I suffered hormonal imbalance and sever hi bp. In on the two month vaccine contraceptive now. Certain times I notice the inside chunk of me pushes downward and almost protrudes out of my vagina and is sometimes uncomfortable and sore. Is this normal or something serious to worry about?

Doctor Answers 6

Soreness with protrusion

Sorry for your dilemmas. The "chunk of you" could be hernia of bladder, rectal side of vagina, cervix, or all three. Of these, the cervix is the one that hurts, so probably it is prolapsing. With your history, it will get worse over time. Yes, it is important but not serious today. You may need to have it removed and the hernia repaired sometime. See your OBGYN.

Encinitas OB/GYN
5.0 out of 5 stars 2 reviews

Potential for Vaginoplasty

Candidates of Vaginal Rejuvenation or Vaginoplasty surgery are women who desire a more youthful appearance and function of the vulva and vaginal area.  For some women, the effects of childbirth, aging, trauma, and/or genetics, causes their vaginal tissue and muscles to become stretched, which results in loss of strength and tone in the vaginal area.  This may result in decreased intimacy and sexual satisfaction. In some cases, the laxity of tissues can be visible.  The lining of the vagina can be reduced, removing excess and redundant mucosa decreasing the diameter of the canal. The muscle ring, pubococcygeus, at the entrance or introitus can be tightened.  These procedures along with exercises such as Kegles can help keep the muscle tone in this area.  Aesthetic Vaginoplasty, in many cases, can increase friction during intercourse, giving women more control of vaginal muscles, increasing sexual satisfaction, while also creating a more attractive and appealing appearance to the vaginal area.After the effects you have experienced from childbirth as well as any questions or concerns about your candidacy for vaginal rejuvenation the best thing to do would be to visit a local board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. You will be able to get some more detailed information as to the best procedure to help reach your desired results.

Jed H. Horowitz, MD, FACS
Orange County Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 109 reviews

You need to see your gynecologist

Prolapse can give the symptoms you describe, but other conditions can give a similar effect. Any gynecologist with experience will be able to assess you.

Marco A. Pelosi III, MD
Jersey City OB/GYN
4.6 out of 5 stars 24 reviews


Dear Ms NSKIt certainly sounds as though you might have prolapse.  Prolapse simply means lack of support and their might be a lack of support of the uterus ( uterine prolapse), bladder ( cystocele), rectum ( rectocele), urethra ( urethrocele) etc.........   The best person to evaluate you is NOT a plastic surgeon but instead a person who specializes in vaginal prolapse and this is usually a a gynecologist or urogynecologist.   Please choose your surgeon wisely and choose more than one person for an evaluation. 
John  R Miklos MD
Urogynecologist & Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon
Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills  ~ Dubai

John R. Miklos, MD, FPMRS, FACS
Atlanta Urogynecologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 19 reviews


Hello it is quite possible that what you're feeling a rectocistoceles thank God you are corrected with surgery vaginoplasty + female genital beautification.  and thanks for your question.

Miriam Luciano, MD
Dominican Republic OB/GYN
4.7 out of 5 stars 3 reviews

You need an in-person evaluation by a skilled Gyn or "UroGyn..!

The ONLY way you can get a serious answer to your question(s) is a skilled gynecologist or urogynecologist. Both can surgically manage these "prolapses/hernias" from the vagina. However, if you wish an aesthetic surgery that also tightens the vagina and takes your sexuality into account, make certain that your surgeon is adept at "vaginoplasty" and "perineoplasy"  in addition to fixing your prolapses... See weblink below for details...
Best wishes,
Michael P Goodman, MD

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.