Incision not healing. Any suggestions? (photos)

Hi, I'm so worry about the incisions after breast surgery. It's only been 11 days. Buy I can't stand the look of them and always think for the worst. My nurse said nothing to worry. Today when I took the steri tape off the incisions are wet. They don't look any better. Is there any ways to make them heal quicker?

Breast implant Incision not healing. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your question.  It is hard to determine exactly what is happening with photographs alone.  It is not uncommon and Steri-Strips are applied for there to be some slight opening of the skin but this should be very superficial and deep tissue should not be exposed.  I recommend that you insist on examination by her plastic surgeon and not rely on nurse's advice or Internet advice.  Based on your follows I do not think there is a serious risk of problems but it is best to be seen by your plastic surgeon.

Incision not healing after breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for you question.

When you say that you do not like the look of them are you referring to the breast shape itself or the look of the healing wounds?

In terms of the wounds it is early days as yet and it really takes about 3 weeks for the wounds to seal off. It looks as though a tiny portion may be slightly open  but this can happen and most surgeons will have placed deeper sutures. It is important to keep the wounds clean so showering is essential; you could utilise some simple antiseptic ointment from the chemist such as savlon until it seals off and settles down. If it is oozing then you will need something absorbent but sterile to soak up any discharge such as gauze. it is always of course best to  see your surgeon if  concerned and then a more full examination and perhaps Steristrip paper strips could  be  used to support the wound until it has matured further. If the appearance is worsening rather than improving then certainly seek the advice of your surgeon.

I do not think I have enough of a view to be  able to comment on the shape or profile of the breasts.

I hope you found this information helpful; best wishes.

Tariq Ahmad, MBBChir, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Needs time

Follow the instructions for wound care by your nurse and doctor.  These incisions are early and are still healing.

Hang in there.