4 weeks post-op, incision won't close. Do you think I need to get it stitched? (photo)

I've been worry about this incision for long enough. I was told to use Inadine dressing at home for about 2 weeks now. Thing seem to get better one day then get worse again. Today it seem worse. In my opinion I think I should get it stitch again.

4 weeks post-op, incision won't close. Do you think I need to get it stitched?

You should know if there is exposure of the implant when you observe clear fluid draining from the incision. You should have an in-person examination as soon as possible to make sure there is no infection present.

London Plastic Surgeon

Wound wont heal post augmentation

It is very important you see your surgeon to determine whether the implant is exposed. If there is clear or blood stained fluid leaking out, then the implant may have to be removed to ensure no infection is present

Mansoor Khan, BSc(Hons), MD, FRCS(Plast)
Southampton Plastic Surgeon

Trouble with Stitch at 4 Weeks Post-Op

HEALING AFTER BREAST SURGERY, AUGMENTATION:

1.    pain is variable

2.    it takes 2-3 months for implants to settle and muscles to relax

3.    celebrex, motrin, and muscle relaxers can help

4.    massage and stretching may help

5.    everyone heals differently

6.    4-7 days off from work is common

Given the fact that it is only four weeks into your healing process there is more time to be allowed for complete settling of your implants. There is also the question about your stitch with which you are having trouble, and there are many options that can help treat this issue though no one definite solution for all patients. If you are concerned or worried at all you should visit your surgeon to have the area examined to make sure that healing is progressing well. Good luck.

Thank you for your question.  It is very important for you to be examined by her plastic surgeon.  You must be certain there is no exposure of the implant at the depth of the incision.  One sign that the implant could be exposed would be if you have a lot of clear fluid drainage.  If you are surgeon determines that the implant is not exposed and then dressing changes should allow you to heal.

Incision Open 4 Weeks After Breast Augmentation #breastaugmentation #breastimplants

• It is unusual to still have an open wound 4 weeks after a breast augmentation.
  • Occasionally, a suture will spit through the incision before the body absorbs it, and this can sometimes be a cause for a small opening in the incision.  Removal of the problematic suture allows the skin to then heal up in a matter of days. 
  • The biggest concern in your case is how deep is the wound and whether or not the implant is exposed.
  • Definitely meet with your plastic surgeon to be evaluated. 
  • Thanks for sharing.