What can be done to get this body right? (Photos)

I went to a new gynecologist and he said that I was made funny. That I need surgery. He said that I have a disorder but he didn't tell me what it was. A little history, my grandma was HUGE! She had rolls of fat like an elephant! My aunt was small on top but had tree trunk legs, no ankles or definition. Me, cankles, rubbery thighs, druppy stomach. Small chest. I HATE MY LEGS. I hate my body

Doctor Answers 6

You may be a good candidate for liposuction and a tummy tuck.

Everyone’s bodies are unique and beautiful in their own ways, so I wouldn’t take other people’s comments to heart. That said, if excess skin and fat are causing you to develop low self-esteem and hinder your ability to enjoy life to its fullest, then you may want to consider a combination liposuction and tummy tuck procedure. A thigh lift may also be beneficial as it can lift and smooth the inner and outer thighs. I would suggest scheduling a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon, who will be better equipped to assess your situation and can devise a plan that can meet your goals.

Denver Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 54 reviews

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck

You need full body lifting procedures with liposuction.  Liposuction alone will not benefit you.  Please see an expert in body shaping procedures.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 190 reviews


From your photos a circumferential body lift could reshape your abdomen hips and outer thigh area. For your thighs a thigh lift with a vertical component and liposuction would help contour them. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

Get This Body Right

Thank you for your question, and your pictures.

There are many body contouring procedures that can be offered to you.  In general, for your thighs, circumferential thigh liposuction with a vertical thigh lift will improve the shape. Calf liposuction may be performed. For the flat buttocks, a pursestring gluteoplasty or liposuction with fat grafting (Brazilian Butt Lift) may provide a good shape. For the abdomen, a tummy tuck with muscle plication will remove the extra skin and tighten the abdominal wall. For your breasts, implants will provide volume, and a breast lift (if you need it, can't tell based on the pictures) will place the areolae in a proper position overtop the implant.  

I recommend you consult with a local/regional plastic surgeon with extensive body contouring experience to discuss your goals, and they will come up with a good plan for you.  Best of luck!

Dr. Dan Krochmal

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 23 reviews

Body make-over after major weight loss

Thank you for asking about your body make-over.
  • I am so very sorry your gynecologist made unhelpful comments  and no positive suggestions
  • First, contact his office and ask the name of the disorder.
  • You may have something called polycystic ovarian syndrome for which there are various treatments.
  • Also consult a plastic surgeon - you need a full body exam, discussion of the areas you don't like and your surgical options.
  • After losing so much weight (well done), and given your photos, it is very likely that a tummy tuck will make a dramatic improvement - and liposuction will be extremely disappointing.
  • But - a face-to-face exam will give you the most reliable information.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 43 reviews


I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your concerns. Many areas might be improved with liposuction.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.