Which would provide the desired look? (photos)

I am scheduled for a lollipop lift and have selected 450cc silicone implant ( for my right breast and then tbd on the size the left breast will need) under the muscle. I am now thinking I should have selected 500cc to achieve the look and size I want. I have included the desired look as well as my breast (I'm sure you can figure out which is which;)

The difference between a 450 and 500 is minimal and won't dramatically change your look. When you're looking for a certain 'look' it is useful to choose patients not in clothing. A bikini or bra can hide breasts that you might not find appealing outside of clothing. Things like significant droop, rippling and asymmetry - which are worsened by larger implants - can be concealed under clothing quite well. 

Best breast implants for me (breast augmentation/lifting surgery)?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs, you should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation/lifting surgery.  

As you likely know, there will be limits as to how large of a breast implant can be utilized safely during the procedure.  Remember, that during breast lifting surgery, some skin is removed, thereby limiting the "space" available for breast implants. On the one hand, breast augmentation surgery is expanding the breast skin “envelope” while breast lifting is (by definition) tightening up the breast skin envelope. These 2 forces are counteracting each other. Therefore, it becomes important to remove the appropriate amount of breast skin and to use the appropriate size/profile of breast implants to balance these 2 forces appropriately and to allow for achievement of the patient's goals while minimizing risks of complications. 

Ultimately, you will do well select your plastic surgeon carefully and communicating your goals, questions, and concerns. In other words, careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Also, generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation/lifting surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 

2. Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D or DD cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery. The use of temporary intraoperative sizers with the patient in the upright position makes selection of the best breast implant size/profile relatively easy.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Breast augmentation and lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 400ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Which breast implant would provide the desired look?

Thank you for your question.  The 450 cc breast implant is a large implant and there is little difference between that and 500 cc.  For comparison sake you should find pictures without any bikini top as clothing makes the breast look fuller and closer together.  When combining breast implants with a lift I prefer not to go too large to avoid interference with blood supply to the nipple areola.. For more information please review the link below:

Lift/Aug

I would recommend you stay on the conservative side with the implants since you are having a lift as well and a large implant can place significant tension on the wound closure.  With a lift you would be better off with a 350-400 cc device.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Breast lift with implant

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast lift with an implant.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Implant and lift

In order to determine what is best for you, you would need to be seen in person. A lift using a lollipop incision and implant might be right. AS for the exact volume, you would have to be seen in person. Good luck.

What is the right size?

Thanks for your question. I always recommend looking at sizers on your own frame.  When you visit your PS ask to see how sample implants balance with your hips and goals. think width first and then think projection. Your PS will also have to help guide you. Sometimes there are physical limitations. You can look at different sizers to see if one breast will benefit from a larre implant.

I have included some sizing FAQ below. I hope they are helpful. Best wishes.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Desired look

A lift with implants should give the desired look you want. Larger implants would give more fullness but must be balanced against the lift and based on your measurements to be sure they will fit your body. 

Implant profile and size should be discussed with your plastic surgeon with further visits as needed before surgery.