I have lost 100 lbs and I have a lot of excess skin under my armpits. Am I a good candidate for an arm lift?

Ideal candidate for arm reduction

If you have reach to a point were you don't want to lose any more weigh It is the right time to have skin remove. I bigin with liposuction on the arm, this will loose more the skin but also reduce even more the size!
The just a simple pinch test to remove all skin from the elbow up to the arm pit! The idea is to place the scar in the inner arm!. With proper micropore tape for the next 6 months you are able to get a very thin scar.
Out patietn as back to work in 2 weeks!

Sincerely Dr. Manuel Gutierrez

Arm lift candidate

Thank you for your question. With age and/or weight changes, the upper arms can hold a lot of excess fatty tissue and develop skin laxity. An arm lift procedure helps to contour the upper arms by reducing excess skin and fat. The incisions can be hidden in the armpit for those with a moderate degree of laxity or along the vertical length of the upper and inner arm for those with more skin excess. Based on the weight loss, a traditional arm lift might be warranted. Photos or a consultation would be helpful to narrow down your options.  
The results are extremely satisfying. I would recommend that you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your options in more detail.

I have lost 100 lbs and I have a lot of excess skin under my armpits.

Often a standard arm lift can be extended into the armpit to excise most of the excess hair bearing skin that is present in the armpit after massive weight loss.

Spencer Leigh Eagan, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Possibly Good Candidate for Brachioplasty

It sounds like you may be a good candidate for an arm lift as this is a common surgical solution to excess arm skin after significant weight loss. It is best to be weight stable for several months before undergoing surgery. I suggest scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. Best regards.

Jaime Perez, MD

Arm lift

Congratulations on your weight loss!  This procedure would most likely be a good choice for you since it removes excess skin and fat to recontour the arm area.  The best time to proceed with the surgery is when your weight has been stable for about 6 months.  I recommend a visit to a board certified plastic surgeon who can provide you with information on this procedure as well as determine if it is right for you.  Best wishes!

Camille Cash, MD

Arm lift

Hello, and thank you for this question. More than likely you  would be an excellent candidate for brachioplasty. We would want to know that your weight has stabilized following her procedure. We generally like to wait approximately 4-6 months with a stable wait to see if your own skin envelope will contract somewhat on its own.

John J. O'Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Dear 100 pound weight loss,
Congratulations on your weight loss. Most likely you would be a good candidate for a brachioplasty.
This would remove excess skin as well as remaining fat from the upper arm. This procedure is commonly done after a significant weight loss.
Good Luck

Stanley P. Gulin, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Brachioplasty, arm lift. indications

arm lift is a very good treatment for excess skin removal.

usually it happens when there is an important weight loss.

patient need to expect having a visible scar with short sleeve.

the surgery works well.

I think you will be a good candidate

Jacques Haddad, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Congratulations on your significant weight loss; you should be very proud of this accomplishment. Based on your  history of weight loss and description  you may be an excellent candidate for arm lifting surgery. The arm lifting procedure is a great procedure to remove excess skin and adipose tissue of the upper arms.  

As with many plastic surgical procedures, the planning of the incisions and resulting scar line is critical. However, even with attention to detail, the resulting scars may not be ideal and revisionary surgery is sometimes necessary to improve the appearance of the scars. 
When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Then, communicate your goals, concerns, and  questions carefully.
 I hope this, and the attached link, helps.  Best wishes.

Excess skin under the armpits.

Congratulations on you 100 lbs weight loss. As long as you are in good health and your BMI is 32 or less, you may be a reasonable candidate for surgical correction of the excess skin over your armpits. 

Kindly see a board certified plastic surgeon so that you can be examined and treatment options may be discussed with you in greater detail. 

Kenty Sian, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon