I have loose skin, how can I fix it? (Photo)

I've had this loose skin for a while now and I am so insecure about it, it is horrible. I want to know how I can remove or reduce it.

Labiaplasty and fat grafting to labia majora

Hello,You would likely benefit from a labiaplasty a well as fat grafting to the outer labia majora where you appear to have deflation.  Consult an experienced labiaplasty surgeon who can offer you the best results and options.Regards,Dr. Pedy Ganchi                                                                                                                                                        Village Plastic Surgery

Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

You'd benefit from Labiaplasty and Lateral Prepuce reduction

Hello Geny,Thank you for your post and photos about your large labia. The loose skin you're bothered by is actually very large labia and clitoral hood (prepuce). You definitely need to do your research and find a surgeon you're confident has the experience and training to make you look as beautiful as you hope to look.  I perform labia reductions in the office under local anesthesia. Every woman is shaped differently and requires her own unique cosmetic correction.  What is often overlooked by most surgeons is the prepuce, or clitoral hood, which may require reduction and even lifting to achieve the optimal youthful appearance and enhanced sensation for ultimate pleasure. Your labia are complex and will require expert care. Be prepared to travel.Please see link below where you'll find advice in choosing the best surgeon for you. You'll also be able to view our Photo Gallery which has one of the largest collections of Before and After Labiaplasty photos.Best of luck,

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

I have loose skin, how can I fix it?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, you have excess skin of your labia minor.  This can be corrected with labiaplasty, which can reduce this excess.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Labia Minora

Thank you for your question and your pictures. It appears from the pictures that you have redundancy of the labia minora. This can cause problems for women because sometimes it can get stuck and pulled by clothing. Also, it can look unsightly when wearing tighter clothing or bathing suits. The way to fix this is to perform a labia minora reduction. Whomever you choose, make sure they are board certified and are very comfortable performing this operation!

Ankur Mehta MD
Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

What is this loose skin and what can I do about it?

Based upon your photos there is increased size of your labia minora.  You could certainly be a good candidate for a labiaplasty.  I would see a gynecologist that specializes in this kind of surgery or a plastic surgeon.  If you have issues such as incontinence of urine or pelvic pressure or vaginal laxity I would look for a urogynecologist that also specializes in cosmetic repair of the labia.  Don't rush.  Do your homework and you will make a good choice.

I have loose skin, how can I fix it?

Thanks for the question.The excess skin in the photo is your labia minora. A labiaplasty removes excess tissue to decrease the size. During the same procedure excess tissue from the clitoral hood can also be removed. Consider several consultations with labiaplasty surgeons.

A labiaplasty will fix your problem

there are two main techniques - a linear excision and a wedge technique. each technique has different advantages and there is no one correct way. The surgery can easily be done in the office with local anesthetic and some oral sedation. it can also be done in a Surgicenter under general anesthesia. Most patients prefer the office since it is less expensive and is quite safe to do in the office. 
just make sure you select a board certified Plastic surgeon or a gynecologist with an interest in this field.good luckdavid berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Your problem can be fixed. You are definitely a candidate for a labiaplasty. Most women want the most aesthetically beautiful genital area they can have, thus I created my technique of doing labiaplasty called the True Labiaplasty. I recently presented my technique at the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. There are many type of labiaplasty procedures. I personally prefer my method of doing labiaplasty procedures using a modified posterior wedge technique. It can give you very good symmetry of the labia, it looks the best aesthetically, and postoperatively they experience less pain in my experience. In addition, many patients have more satisfying sex since the sensitive thin delicate labial edges are left intact. You can learn more on the link below.  Details are on my website on the link below. Your concerns are exactly the reason why I developed my technique.My office is close to Garland, just west of the DFW airport. If you want to resolve this problem and feel good again about the way you look, call us. Good luck.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

How can I fix loose labia and hood skin?

Dear Geny13,Thank you for writing in with your question.  The extra skin develops when we go through puberty and the breasts and labia are stimulated to grow by the hormone estrogen.  The labia can become longer, darker and in many women, uneven. The extra clitoral hood folds connect with the inner labia minora and can cause hygiene, access and appearance concerns.  Comfort issues with clothing, exercise, activities, sex and appearance concerns are reasons for labia reduction.There are two types of labia reduction surgery.  Those that trim the edges (the traditional edge-reducing technique) and edge-preserving procedures (the various wedges) that maintain the natural color and contour of the edge (usually not for those with darker edges).  The main risk of the edge-preserving technique is there is a higher incidence of edge separation (about 9% in the scientific literature).It is important that you do your homework and find someone experienced in both types of procedures.  Be sure to see lots of before and after pictures, ask how they address post-op problems, and research their training.  Most Ob/Gyns don't have labiaplasty training in residency and need additional surgical teaching and training to be able to adequately perfom labia and hood reduction surgery.  For more information on labia and hood reduction, please visit the link below.I hope this information is helpful.Sincerely,Troy Robbin Hailparn, MD, FACOGCosmetic Gynecology Center of San Antonio

Troy Hailparn, MD
San Antonio OB/GYN

Loose skin

I reviewed your photos. Your labia minora are enlarged but not massively enlarged.  In that case, a labiaplasty is a good idea, but it must be performed by a surgeon with experience. One of the two most common techniques is the central wedge technique, which I invented in 1995 and published in the plastic surgery textbooks.  It is also known as the "V" or wedge technique. Gynecologists and most plastic surgeons perform a labioplasty very differently. They essentially trim the labia minora (inner vaginal lips) and leave a long suture line instead of the normal labial edge. Their technique is the same whether a scalpel or a laser is used. In contrast, the central wedge removes triangles of tissue and bring the normal edges together. Thus, the normal labial edges, normal color, and normal anatomy are preserved, but the darkest labial tissue is usually removed.  Since you have extra tissue on your clitoral hood, it can be reduced it at the same time. No matter the technique, an inexperienced or unskilled surgeon can lead to a high rate of complications, chronic scar discomfort, labial deformities, and further surgery.

Gary J. Alter, MD