Extreme swelling bruising and throbbing from juvederm? (Photos)

I had juvaderm placed into my top lip and smile lines yesterday I had one poke on my right side of my lip and 3 on my left one on my smilenline. Within 30 min the swelling and throbbing became unbearable i went back to the dr and she iced it and asked me to return tomorow (today) for follow up. I woke up with it even worse My whole face hurts even my teeth - What should I do at this point

Juvederm and Side Effect

It is difficult to tell from the photo but I would be  concerned that it is a vascular occlusion event and I would return immediately to your treating physician for examination and possible Vitrase to dissolve the product.  Best, Dr. Green

Complication

It appears that you may be having a vascular occlusion event. It is very important that you are seen immediately by your doctor to have the filler dissolved. 

Sincerely,

Dr. Quenby Erickson

See a Cosmetic Dermatologist for Hyaluronidase

I recommend following up with your Dr. for a formal evaluation today. This looks like it may be vascular occlusion and needs to be treated. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Lip pain after filler

I can't tell for certain, but this looks like a bruise. With a careful physical evaluation, it can be determined if this is vascular occlusion or not. I don't usually have patients complain of pain a day. later. That's why another evaluation is needed. Bruising can last 10 days after the procedure unless a laser is used to break up the bruise.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Please follow up with your physician

Please follow up with your physician for an in person exam and evaluation.  It looks like a hematoma, but difficult to access from a photo.

Michelle Ellern, DO
Livingston Physician

Juvederem treatment

I'm sorry that you are having issues with your treatment.  It appears from your photos that you may have an occlusion.  This is something that needs to be evaluated by your doctor today.  Contact your provider for follow up.

Camille Cash, MD

Your lips

I would recommend following up with your provider immediately. You need immediate evaluation.

Juvederm

I would follow up with your physician immediately. It looks like you may have a vascular occlusion and the filler will need to be dissolved and the area treated as soon as possible. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist