So excited about my breast augmentation but still trying to figure out if I should go w/ 500cc or 550cc Any suggestions? (photo)

I am super excited about my Breast augmentation I am a small C cup so I did research I feel the saline would be a good choice for me the size I'm going for is 500cc or 550cc my pre op is tomorrow August 5th so I'll be picking my final size then but still confused

Implant Size Choice

My patients find it helpful to try on the implant sizers with a form fitting  T-Shirt in order to get an idea of how they will look. Your Plastic Surgeon will likely offer you a few similar sizes based on your measurements and the look you are seeking. They will be able to guide your choice.
All the best!

There is very little difference between 500 and 550 cc

i personally prefer the 500 cc for your body size but it is a personal choice. Realize that 50cc is less than 2 ounces of fluid in your entire breast, so that is very subtle. try and reach and decision on what you want and then don't look back. your first impression is almost always the correct one.
good luck with your surgery.
david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

550

Hello, I find that most people wavering between two sizes will regret going with the smaller size much more often than going with the larger size. So...knowing nothing else, I would vote 550. Good Luck.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

How many CCs?

I typically advise my patients to go with the larger size even it is only 50CCs more. When trying on implants, you are trying them over your clothing, once the implant is inside, that 50CCs may make that slight difference. Don't forget you will be swollen after your surgery. The swelling will subside fully after 6 months. Best of Luck!!

Breast augmentation - what size?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • This is a decision you need to make with your surgeon -
  • One way to help you decide is to take a bra of the kind you want to fill out and see which size gets you the look you want in the bra you chose.
  • Or, with saline implants, you can split the difference with a 525 cc volume.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

50 cc is little difference in implants

Hi, I have added a link that might be helpful...

Hi and thanks for sharing photos.  At your preop, ask to try on the sizers to help you visualize your look, but know that 50 cc is about 3 tablespoons-a very little difference and you probably won't be able to tell which one is which in clothing.  Your chest & breast measurements are central to selecting an implant-your plastic surgeon will guide you on which is a good fit for you.  Good luck!

Implant size

The difference betweem 500 cc and 550 cc is negligible.  Let your surgeon at the time of surgery decide, since he knows what your end result desire is.

500 or 550 mL breast implants?

Thanks for your question.  Many patients are confused and uncertain when pressed to make the choice between two implant sizes by their doctor.  It is my feeling that the doctor should take the responsibility to best achieve your size and contour goals by selecting the actual final implant during the surgical procedure when he sees the results and outcome.  Try to explain to your surgeon what your goals are and ask him/her to make the optimal selection to best achieve the results you seek.  Shifting the responsibility for the decision to the patient is something that I avoid in my practice.  Also keep in mind that the bigger the implant the greater the risk of future thinning and other complications. Good luck and best wishes. Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

What breast implant size

Although there is very little difference in the two size implants you are looking at, I'm not sure why you are picking out a size instead of relying on your surgeon to make that decision.  Of course, you'll be confused, since you have no idea what this will look like once under your breasts.  Ask your PS for help.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon