8 months post gynecomastia surgery. Need revision on left chest. Inframammary gland release? Or fat grafting? (Photo)

Hi so I am 19 years old and I had gyno surgery 8 months ago. My right chest turned out fine but my left chest looks awkward when I flex it. It also looks uneven when it isn't flexed. I was wondering what revision would be needed to be done to fix this. I'm looking for the most affordable and least invasive procedure if possible. Could it just be loose skin and maybe I need skin tightening surgery or do I need to release inframammary gland or do I need fat grafting? Thank you :)

Healing & Assymetry After Gynecomastia Surgery

Asymmetry during the healing process is not at all uncommon after any breast surgery.
Also, your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Your deformity will require fat transfer; this can be done under local anesthetic; please contact our office for more detail and pricing.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Thank you for the question but an examination is needed so see some experts in your area and be evaluated in person and bring your preop photos and operative note.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD