8 months post Gynecomastia surgery. Do I have to do fat grafting to fix my situation?

So I'm 19 years old and 8 months since I did gyno surgery. My right chest turned out great but left chest looks awkward and kinda like loose skin when I flex it. It looks kinda normal when I don't flex but still slightly awkward. In a previous question I asked 2 doctors and they suggested fat grafting. Is this the only solution to fixing this?Is there any alternative and cheaper solution to fixing my left chest? Can I fix it with local anesthesia to make the operation cheaper?

Indentation & Assymetry 8 Months Following Gynecomastia Surgery

Asymmetry during the healing process is not at all uncommon after any breast surgery. 
Also, your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible the indentations can be addressed with cosmetic filler(s) if eligible. 

Fat Grafting is the most appropriate solution for your problem. It can be done under local anesthesia in an office setting. Your Plastic Surgeon can surely help you in this. 

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia with contour irregularities

Contour irregularities can occur with animation of your chest following surgery; if there is contour irregularities with no animation, then this should be corrected with fat grafting; fat grafting can be performed with local only in the office.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Gyno complication

Thank you for the question but without photos or an examination it would be guessing to make a recommendation.  So see some experts in your area and get an opinion.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD