8 months post Gynecomastia surgery. Do I need fat grafting to fix left chest? Is there a more affordable solution? (Photo)

So I'm 19 years old and 8 months since I did gyno surgery. My right chest turned out great but left chest looks awkward and kinda like loose skin when I flex it. It looks kinda normal when I don't flex but still slightly awkward. In a previous question I asked 2 doctors and they suggested fat grafting. Is this the only solution to fixing this?Is there any alternative and cheaper solution to fixing my left chest? Can I fix it with local anesthesia to make the operation cheaper?

Gynecomastia revision under local

Hi Geralt909,

Thanks for your photos. They help to explain your situation.  It seems based on the photos that you have extra skin. Without pre operative pictures, I am not sure if too much tissue was taken or if you just had a lot of excess skin. Sometimes in cases that I have personally seen and taken care of the patients, the inframammary fold or tissue that holds the breast up is not released and causes it to look like there is extra skin. It can be release and allow the skin to redrape or contour better to your body's pectoralis muscle. I think this may help your problem but would need to be done to both sides in my opinion. This could be done under local anesthesia and be minimally invasive without fat grafting. Good luck and hope it helps.

Sincerely,
Dr. Mata

Indentation Concern 8 Months Following Gynecomastia Surgery

Your incisions will go through a maturation #process after gynecomastia surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible the indentations can be addressed with cosmetic filler(s) if eligible. 

Contour irregularity

You had overresection of tissue from your right lower lateral region; this is a common mistake but can be corrected with a minor revision in the office under local anesthetic. Please see link below for examples and contact our office for pricing.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Gyno complication

Thank you for the photos and sorry for your problem.  That said an examination is needed to see what would give you the best result.  So get some second in person opinions from experts in your area.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

8 months post Gynecomastia surgery. Do I need fat grafting to fix left chest? Is there a more affordable solution?

Fat Grafting seems to be a good solutions for the problem you are facing. It is best that you discuss this with your Plastic Surgeon who can examine you and give you different options. 

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon