Can Permalip Pop?

If I get my permalip lips filled with juvederm could the needle hit the implant and pop it or cause problems?

Permanent lip implants such as PermaLip™ gives lips a fuller appearance and reduces the fine lines and wrinkles. It will help effectively fight the signs of ageing, improve your smile, and leave your lips looking wonderfully natural. Permalip™ are revolutionary lip implants that are designed to look and feel natural, yet enhance your lip volume to the desired size. It does not deflate, degrade or rupture over time. Although it’s permanent, it is designed for the ease of placement if a patient wishes to achieve a larger or smaller enhancement or even return to the lips original appearance. It does not limit lip movement and provides a natural lookPlease find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve. Best Wishes

Fillers following Lip Implant

As Permalip Implants are soft but solid silicone implants, it is impossible to pop them and they will not leak if stuck by a needle.

Can Permalip Pop?

Permalip implants are solid soft silicone.  Injections in the lip will not pop the implant.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Can Permalip Pop?

No, it's solid, soft silicone.  Needles used with lip augmentation from fillers won't pop the implant.

Can permalip pop

Permalip is a solid state silicone. Make sure you seek a very experienced injector for your Juvederm because it's very different injecting around an implant vs regular fillers to the lips. Infection can also occur so your injector really must know what he or she is doing to get this done correctly for you.

Fillers with Lip Implant

No, the permalip is a solid implant so it won't pop.  However, I recommend that you go to a board certified specialist who performs permalips to get filler put into the lips.  If not done correctly, you could get introduce an infection which can be devastating and would require the implant to be removed for healing.  Please see a board certified specialist, like a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon, who routinely does Permalip implants to minimize this risk.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Lip implant

Permalip is solid silicone elastomer, can not be filled. However there is a lip implant called VERAFIL which comes filled with saline. I am not aware of any implant that can be filled with juvederm. Ask your doctor what was really used?

Can Permalip Pop?

No. Permalip, like other silicone facial implants, is solid silicone. It can be cut or pierced with a needle but should not pop, leak or result in any problems. The biggest risk of injections would be introducing bacteria around the healed implant resulting in an infection. If you have issues with the implant following Juvederm you should return immediately to your plastic surgeon or dermatologist. Stephen Weber MD, FACS