Could my nose be fractured or could it be that the filler migrated? I have a bump and its tender.

A month or more ago I got a radiesse filler went back for a retouch. I saw my nose swell up on the right side when the syringe hit the bone. It went down a bit the following week... we dissolved as much of the radiesse that migrated to the right side of my nose as we could but there is still a bump and it is tender. I'm curious to know if the bone could be fractured?

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty Complications?

It is very unlikely that you would have a fracture. It is possible that the filler could have slightly moved, or the filler was injected into the wrong area to begin with. Lumps can be removed with subcision and steroid/saline/5fu injections. For non-surgical rhinoplasties I prefer Voluma opposed to permanent fillers. Please seek an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Did Filler in My Nose Migrate?

It is possible that the filler in your nose did migrate or that it was injected in the wrong location which was not obvious initially because of  normal temporary swelling which is present immediately after injection. If some of the material has dissolved after additional injections you probably had Restylane not Radiesse because Radiesse cannot be dissolved. It is unlikely that you had nasal fractures.

Radiesse and nose

I doubt very much that your nose is fractured. also, I am not sure what you meant by having the Radiesse dissolved as there is nothing that dissolves it. Most likely there was some movement of the material and it will probably correct itself but may take some time

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist