How long before I will see the improvement? (Photo)

I had traditional liposuction on 7/15/2015. It has been almost 2 months. I came to see my surgeon on 9/10/2015, he did check my abdominal and said my stomach is still big because it had only muscle, no fat. He suggested me to do mini tummy tuck. I dont want to go another surgery, any suggestions

Post op liposuction

thanks for your question. It can take several months to see the final results after liposuction, due to swelling that occurs with the procedure.  I did not see where you mentioned the total amount of liposuction, how many cc removed? If your physician said that you had intra-abdominal fat, more liposuction would not solve this problem. you might try to give this a little more time to see if there is more improvement and if not then you should address this issue with your surgeon for advise on what else may be done for you. Best of luck.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction results

I appreciate your question.

By now you should see more of a contour especially in the lower abdomen.
If this doesn't get better and you don't want more surgery, you could try coolsulpting which works really well for that area with no downtown.
Our patients are very happy with it.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

How long before I will see the improvement

It can sometimes take three or four months before one can see the final improvement. It is important, however, to have a good discussion with your surgeon preoperatively with regards to postoperative expectations. Your surgeon may indicate to you that you have fat that is in the deep abdominal region surrounding the organs and deep to the muscles. This fat cannot be removed with liposuction. If you have some fullness of your abdominal region, a good exam is needed to determine if this is because of issues superficial to the muscle layer where liposuction was performed or to persistent fat deep to the muscles.

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

It is very common to have bruising and swelling for weeks to months after liposuction procedures. What is most important is that you follow your surgeons post operative instructions and continue compression. If you are concerned, lymphatic massage and Velashape or Venus Legacy treatments can be used to improve the swelling and help the skin tighten. My patients start treatments right away and it improves the long term results. Speak to your physician if you are concerned.  I see a lot of fat here that can be contoured if you do a hi definition procedure.  Most doctors do not perform this type of procedure and i am not sure that a tummy tuck is needed.  Best, Dr. Emer.

#Liposuction - How long before I will see the improvement?

It is important to have an understanding with your surgeon ahead of time as to what can realistically be expected from a given surgical procedure, and what cannot.  It is difficult to tell from your photos but it looks like you have enough fat remaining, and good enough skin quality, that a revision liposuction may be the more appropriate next step, if any is needed.  It can take up to 6 months (or sometimes longer) to see the final results of a lipo so, (without of course knowing exactly what was done during the surgery) I'd suggest that you wait the full six months before undergoing a secondary procedure.

At that point, though, my guess is that more lipo will be the best choice.  You should, of course, be assessed by a board-certified plastic surgeon who can see you in person and examine you.  If you have any hesitations, seek a second opinion.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of #RealSelf100
@RealSelf

The importance in making a correct assessment

The importance of making a correct assessment cannot be overstated. This basically means making a correct diagnosis or series of diagnoses. Since liposuction removes only fat, if the underlying cause is anything other than a fat distribution issue, then liposuction will be of limited value. 

The ideal liposuction patient typically has tight skin, tight muscle layers and thick layers of body fat that are in undesirable places. Anyone who has muscle separation from pregnancy or loose skin or intra-abdominal fat will not see impressive results from liposuction. 

It's not quite clear what your pictures depict. Perhaps you could repost and state which pictures are from before the procedure and which are from after the procedure and how many weeks after the procedure the pictures were taken. Lack of results can also be seen when liposuction is not done to the extent needed for the best outcome. 

Some patients benefit from aggressive liposuction where the majority of fat is removed in order to get the best contour. Other patients should not have the majority of fat removed because of negative implications that can happen when liposuction is done in an aggressive manner. 

Perhaps a second opinion is in order.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Liposuction Questions

An examination would be necessary to determine your options.  Solely based on your photos, it looks like you might benefit from a revision liposuction surgery and not an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Liposuction

Sorry for your disappointment with your results but an examination is needed to make any recommendations 

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD