Most effective, no downtime belly fat removal from otherwise thin girl?

. I am not over weight and look rather thin small framed but have always had this disportioned shape whereas thin everywhere but this lower belly fat. Iam afraid to do anything where I have to be put to sleep ( mild heart valve leAk. ) I am 38 years old two young kids and need help to feel better about myself and out of my sweat pants . Please send some feedback as far as safe procedures that are most effective as well. Are any of these fat removals also good at toking loose skin ? Thanks

Lipo under local

It sounds like you might be a candidate for liposuction under local. You are not put to sleep, you are awake during the procedure. I have performed man cases like this.

Last contacted 22 hours ago

You could consider liposuction of that small area done under local anesthesia.

Last contacted 12 minutes ago

Thank you for your question and expression of your concerns.  If you do have localized fat in the lower abdomen you would be a very good candidate for tumescent liposuction under local anesthesia. The procedure is safe and easy and virtually painless with a quick recovery.  A nonsurgical alternative would include the use of iLipoXcell six or eight painless red diode laser treatments performed while you relax or read your email.  I would recommend avoiding fat freezing techniques since I have seen a patient have paradoxical fat growth following freezing treatments that later required liposuction surgery.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Last contacted 2 days ago

Minimally invasive fat removal

A consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who offers both liposuction and non-invasive methods of fat removal will give you the most information and would be specific to you.  There are many board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.  Best wishes

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 1 day ago

Non-Surgical Alternatives to Liposuction

There are many non-invasive and minimally invasive procedures that I believe you would be interested in to help with the stubborn fat deposits of the lower abdomen.  While smart liposuction is probably the most effective modality, non-surgical alternatives such as CoolSculpting or SculpSure are great alternatives for patients who absolutely do not want to undergo a surgical procedure, for those who cannot afford any downtime, or for those who have specific medical conditions that would preclude them from a surgical procedure.  

CoolSculpting and SculpSure work by essentially killing the fat cells in the areas treated by either freezing or heating them.  The act of freezing or heating up these fat cells to a specific temperature, causes the fat cells to lyse or die and then are broken down by the body.  Another big difference between CoolSculpting and SculpSure is whether or not you have what we call 'pinchable' fat that is required to be a candidate for CoolSculpting.  CoolSculpting utilizes a suction-based panel, whereas SculpSure uses a belt panel that rests on the skins surface.  Both modalities require a series of treatments (generally 2-3), can be done on a lunch break from work, and require no downtime or anesthesia.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is not only well experienced in liposuction procedures, but who also offers CoolSculpting and/or SculpSure right in the office.  At the time of a consultation your abdomen will be evaluated and your candidacy for any of these modalities can be best determined.  I hope you find this helpful!

Stephen T. Greenberg, MD
Woodbury Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 6 hours ago

Mommy Makeover with Coolsculpting/Vanquish or Tummy Tuck and VASER Hi Def Liposuction

I recommend getting a formal consultation to go over your best treatment options. A combination approach would be best. Coolsculpting with vanquish for fat removal, exilis with venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth and improve the skin's appearance. However, after two kids, it may be that you need surgical skin removal that can be combined with liposuction at the same time and would give you the best results. I use VASER HI DEF with ThermiRF, ultrasound and fat grafting to get the most fat removal, skin tightening, and contouring. See an Hi-Def Physique expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Last contacted 18 minutes ago

Best choice for belly fat removal

Hands down Zeltiq or the new Sculpsure are ideal for localized fat removal in the abdominal area. Treatments are 25-30 min and there is no downtime. Other options are the Vanquish device (non-contact radio frequency) and the new Ultrashape from Syneron-Candela. Ideally after you have one of these treatments you can also add some sessions with shockwave therapy to induce skin tightening.

Neil Sadick, MD

Last contacted 1 month ago

Surgical vs Non-Surgical Fat Removal

Its very hard to answer your question regarding surgical vs non-surgical fat removal without at least photos. Short answer - in 2016 we have very effective surgical and non-surgical options for you. Some tighten skin a bit - some don't. Best is to see a board certified doc with experience in these options

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 2 hours ago

Abdominal Fat Removal

There are 2 non surgical fat removal methods that really work, Zerona and CoolSculpting. I prefer Zerona as it is totally painless. Both have no down time except for the treatment time. Liposuction is also an excellent way of dealing with localized fat. It can be done safely under local anesthesia with only anxiolysis (minimal sedation). If, however, you do have loose skin, as you may from childbirth, you may need more than any of these methods can offer. If you do, anesthesia under the direction of an anesthesiologist, after clearance by your cardiologist, can be as safe as in someone without your problem. Therefore, make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon who offers the full spectrum of treatment methods. There are many physicians who only offer 1 or 2 and you could be talked into something that will not meet your needs.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 1 month ago

Fat removal in thin woman

Thank you for asking about your stomach fat removal.

• I truly think you need to see a plastic surgeon.
  • After two children with loose skin, chances are you cannot get a good result without surgery.
  • With planning between your surgeon and your cardiologist, surgery can almost certainly be done safely either with general anesthesia or a high spinal anesthetic.
  • I would hate to see you spend thousands of dollars on ineffective non-down time office treatments if in fact you will be wasting your money since a tummy tuck is needed.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Last contacted 4 hours ago