What is the cost and recovery time for an Abdominoplasty?

Want a top rated physician for a free consultation, reasonable pricing, scheduling availability, and recovery detail informantion for a Tummy Tuck. Wish not to travel to Manhattan.

Cost and recovery

The cost varies depending on the surgeon and where they’re located. In Toronto, ON where my practice is, the average ranges from $7500-$9500. A mini is generally less than a full tummy tuck. 

For recovery, you’ll receive a list of instructions from your surgeon that you should follow. I advise my patients to take  2-3 weeks off if you have a sedentary job, and longer only if you have a heavy, physical job and a rectus repair has been performed. For about two months, physical exercise should be limited to light cardio, with no strength training.  

Tummy Tuck

Surgery prices vary depending on the surgeon, but is usually in the range of $10,000 and up depending on what has to be done. The recovery is around 2 weeks, but may be a month before physical activity can begin. I suggest scheduling a in office consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon to find out more information about availability, traveling information and any other questions that you may have.  

Tummy tuck cost and recovery

Thank you for your question. Surgery prices vary a lot according to experience and board certification of the plastic surgeon, facilities, quality of the practice, region, etc…  If you're willing to travel medical tourism is an attractive way to get quality results at a lower price. Cosmetic surgery in Colombia represents an increasingly attractive option for consumers looking for the ultimate combination of quality, price, availability, service, enjoyment, and value. Prices for plastic surgery procedures can be very affordable, and often 30-50% less than in the United States and Europe. However, when considering this option don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure. As for recovery from a tummy tuck,  there is a process of swelling and bruising that peaks at 3 days after surgery and then undergoes the first stage of major resolution in the first 2 weeks after surgery.  The lateer phase of healing takes place over the 2-3 months after surgery where everything really settles and softens.  It is after this time that we are getting close to the final result, though this varies patient to patient. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Tummy tuck costs vary by region

New York tends to be on the high side for cosmetic surgery costs (like other things) but traveling too far has issues too. Those would include the need for follow up in case there are any issues, and of course the travel expense. As you look around, be sure to understand all of the the costs involved: Surgeons fee, anesthesia, and facility.

Richard Baxter, MD

When searching for a plastic surgeon for an abdominoplasty you should  consider several factors. First, make sure he or she is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with lots of experience performing tummy-tucks. Convenience is a factor. Most patients prefer staying within the tristate area. Manhattan certainly has some of the most reputable plastic surgeons and Garden City is fairly conveniently located to Manhattan. You may want to rethink about not wanting to come to Manhattan. Cost is a also a factor. While you do not have to go to the most expensive surgeon, you should  be careful about choosing one just because they are the cheapest. We offer a free consultation so you can properly examined and at the same time you can see if you are comfortable with out center. Finally, with regard to recovery time, most patients can return to non-strenuous work in 7-10 days. good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Tummy Tuck/Lipo

In Miami, this could be done by experienced, quality, board certified plastic surgeons for $4000-$6000 easily.Out of town patients should stay locally for at least 7-8 days after surgery. Patients walk, go up and down stairs, get in and out of bed the same day. Normal quiet activities of daily living right away. No cardio/heavy lifting for two weeks. After two weeks (if all is well) resume cardio and LIGHT arm weights/lifting. No heavy lifting/straining/abs for 6-8 weeks. Most patients off ALL prescription pain meds before third day.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Thanks for your question and for the photo.
I offer free consultation and perform between 40 and 50 abdominoplasty surgeries annually.  I am located in NYC so unfortunately I do not fit your 'local' Plastic surgeon requirement.
Make sure you chose a Board certified Plastic surgeon and view their before and after pictures.  Make sure they will also do liposuction fo your sides and lower back.  This also shapes the upper buttock curves.
Best of luck.
Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Tummy tuck cost

My practice is Queens based, meaning that my patients are middle class and cost conscious. You appear to be an excellent candidate for this transformative procedure. Experience is an extremely important component to selecting a plastic surgeon.  The first step is informational; there is so much to discuss in reaching a decision for surgery and, therefore, critically important to find a plastic surgeon who will spend time with you, both before and after the procedure.Best wishes,Dr Kraft

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Sorry, but I'm in Manhattan and do provide all you ask for. Call for a complimentary consultation, reasonable pricing and an experienced surgeon. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD