Large amount Breast tissue in axilla. 3rd breast??! (photos)

I've always been self conscious about possibly having a 3rd breast. While Breast feeding some milk did come out of an opening in my right axilla. My question is what kind of procedure can I get to reduce this area ? What it affect my lymphatic system? (i.e. Cause a Restricted extremity)? Can a plastic surgeon fix this while getting breast implants? My OBgyn doesn't feel any lumps. Just breast tissue. I want it fixed!! Thanks in advance!

Axillary breasts

It is possible to have axillary breast. If it is breast tissue it will likely change in size with the menstrual cycle and pregnancy.

Axillary Breast Tissue

It is actually very common to have breast tissue that extends into the armpit (axilla) and most women notice it for the first time during pregnancy. It can definitely be removed at the time of any breast surgery and will not restrict upper arm mobility or lymphatics. Your plastic surgeon likely feels very comfortable managing this issue. Best of luck.

Large amount Breast tissue in axilla. 3rd breast?

Thank you for the question and picture. You are correct in that this area of fullness tends to consist of mainly breast tissue. In my experience, it is best treated ( for most patients) with direct excision of the “excess” skin and breast tissue. Liposuction surgery alone will likely not be as effective and/or may leave you with continued excess/irregular skin.  Yes, this area can be excised at the time of breast augmentation surgery.Placement of the incision line in the hair bearing axillary area is one of the keys to success; keeping the resulting scar as hidden as possible is important to most patients.I hope this helps.