I am 3 weeks post op from my breast augmentation. I received 350 cc "gummy bear" tear drop implants. What should I be expecting?

I am 3 weeks post op from my breast augmentation. I received 350 cc "gummy bear" tear drop implants. What should I be expecting? My breast have been very hard for the first three weeks but today was the first day I felt a different sensation. My left breast I have started to be able to feel the implant. And I can feel it move around and kinda "slosh" in a way. But it is the gummy bear form stable so not super sloshy. I just haven't felt this way berk. Is it normal?

Breast Sloshing

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to know if you are describing normal softening of breast tissue or a build up of fluid in the breast pocket. You will need to be examined in person for your Plastic Surgeon to determine this.

All the best

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
Its too early to talk about results.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Gummy implants

Gummy implants are firmer than the other silicone implants. They also should not slosh around as they are textured. If concerned, speak to your surgeon.

Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants / Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Assuming there has not been a material change in the appearance of your breasts, all is likely well and you are experiencing normal post surgical changes.  Allow your results more time to mature and maintain close follow-up with your surgeon to ensure an uncomplicated recovery.  Hope this helps. 

Your experience sounds normal. Fluid build up is common especially after textured implants and is normal and can cause the sloshing sound. I urge you to please ask your questions to your surgeon and not rely on internet advice. I would be upset if my patients did not feel comfortable contacting me with post op questions.

410 implants for augmentation

The Style 410 implant is a highly cohesive, anatomically shaped silicone gel implant. It is a little firmer than a cohesive round implant in order to hold it's shape. These implants do feel firm initially and take a little longer to soften than a saline or cohesive gel implant, up to a year and can improve for 2 years after placement. 
It is too early for you to be too concerned at this stage in your recovery, but it is always a good idea to follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon for any concerns.

Am I healing?

Your description of firmness with breast implants, especially the Allergan  410 shaped implants is quite common in the early postoperative phase when the overlying muscle and breast are still quite tight. Also, with the introduction of air into the pocket mixed with some of the natural fluid surrounding a breast implant, you may hear a sloshing type sound. This will usually dissipate in the first few weeks after surgery. Nothing that you describe in my mind is out of the ordinary. Good luck with your recovery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS