What treatment, if anything, can I do to get my hair back? (Photo)

I have heard of a neo graft ,if a doctor has information ,please let me know ? Also if a doctor would like to use me to help promote a treatment for this type of scar Don't no what costs ? Don't no if anything can be done! This was caused by being in a coma for 6 months .devasted ,embrassed to the point I don't leave house Just need help ! I survived, but I guess my hair didn't

Hello,I am sorry you have been so ill, but glad to see you up and mobile.I was one of the first in the United States to use Neograft. We have placed over a million grafts since 2010 and you might be a good candidate for this minimally invasive procedure.I have included a website for further information.Dr. Malouf

Dallas Dermatologist

NeoGraft Hair Restoration

Best option is to meet with a doctor to discuss treatment. Hair restoration surgery like NeoGraft can be very helpful for scarring alopecia like yours. 

Andrew Kaufman, MD

Scarring/hair loss

Neograft is an excellent option for hair transplantation to an area of need. Scarred areas need to be evaluated case-by-case. The thickness of the scarring and blood supply to the area will determine the expected result of a transplant. Products usually don't do much in this situation. Get an evaluation and exam to see what your options are.

Gregory Chambon, MD
Overland Park Family Physician

Thank you for your question. NeoGraft utilizes an automated system to ensure accuracy and precision and is the least invasive procedure currently available for hair transplants. You are an ideal candidate as NeoGraft fits anyone who has suffered from hair loss and would like a thicker, fuller head of hair. I suggest that you next consult in person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neograft FUE Procedure

So sorry to hear about your current situation. Neograft is a technology used to perform FUE (or Follicular Unit Extraction) hair transplants. The cost is usually in the range of $4-$7 per graft. It could definitely be an option for you. But the only way to truly know is to seek out a trusted surgeon/clinic in your area and have a consultation. I hope that you can find some hope for your situation soon. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

You need to see a doctor for a good examination to understand what can be done. You may not need surgery.

You need to see a doctor for a good examination to understand what can be done.  If hair transplant surgery is recommended it should cover the bald area. Neograft is just a tool to harvest hair.  It has nothing to do with final results.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Neograft Procedure

Thanks for your question!  So sorry to hear about your recent hospitalization!  We routinely perform Neograft here in our office in Powell, OH.  Based on your photo, you look like a good candidate for the procedure.  Pricing depends on each individual office and it also depends on the amount of grafts recommended for transplantation.  Best of luck to you!

Pressure alopecia

Based on your history and appearance of the scalp it looks like you have pressure alopecia.  This is a type of scarring alopecia is usually related to prolonged immobilization of the head.  Hair transplant would likely give you your best result.  However, if the scarring is too severe the grafts may not survive.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon