Is is possible to raise your hemoglobin going through peri menopause with frequent irregular periods?

My surgery is coming up fast for a mommy make over plus bbl on August 5th 2016,and I'm having multiple procedures, my hemoglobin should be above 13 (not sure if that's mg), but I'm going through peri menopause at the age of 42 in which my periods have been irregular and frequent. I've been to the health department about my frequent periods, but I didn't get any solutions, and my papsmear was normal. I'm currently taking all the pre surgery supplements that was ordered to take like iron Etc

Greetings

Thank you for your question.  Your doctor should be able to advise you as to what the best course of action should be prior to your surgery.  

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Mommy make-over - how to get hemoglobin up for surgery

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• The hemoglobin reading is in g/dL - grams in each decilliter.
  • First, you need to get your hemoglobin tested.
  • If it is below your surgeon's requirement, then you need to tell your surgeon and probably see the gynecologist again.
  • You may need treatment for menorrhagia (heavy bleeding) before your mommy make-over.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Is it possible to raise your hemoglobin through peri menopause with frequent irregular periods?

There are treatments for patients who have a low hemoglubin/hematocrit count.  However, just because you have irregular periods doesn't necessarily mean your values are abnormally low.  Let your surgeon know about this concern and have your values checked.  Your doctor should be able to advise you as to what the best course of action should be prior to your surgery.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon