Do I need a mini or full tummy tuck? (Photo)

Hi I want to know what is the procedure to get a new belly button. I asked couple surgeons and they said i need a mini tummy tuck another said i need a full tummy tuck, but since I don't have enough skin to pull they have to do a small horizontal incision next to my belly button, let me know your thoughts

Full or mini tuck

With skin loosness below your belly button you will probably be happier with a full tummy tuck. The size of the scar between a full and mini is the same- something people are often confused about- but you get all the skin removed below your belly button rather than just a few centimeters.

Vienna Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck for wrinkled skin

A full tummy tuck would be more suitable for you in my opinion, based on your photo. You have significant wrinkling of the skin around your belly button, and to effectively reshape it as well as firm the area up, a full would be better than a mini.

Do I need a mini or full tummy tuck

The mini tummy tuck will leave you with the crinkled skin above your belly button. I think a full tummy tuck will yield a better result but the trade off is you will end up having a small vertical scar from the old belly button hole being moved downward, but not enough to have it removed in the horizontal scar of the tummy tuck.

Julio Garcia, MD

New belly button

From your photos it appears you have enough skin for a full tummy tuck. It appears you have stretch marks around your belly button and excess skin above and below. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and picture.  You would need a full TT to address the belly button, and possibly would need a small vertical scar but it would not be next to the BB, but instead at the bottom of the abdomen just above the pubic area.  These little scars frequently heal well and can be often times removed later as the skin stretches.  

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Mini or full tummy tuck.

So much more info is needed to make that call that I can't begin answering your question before seeing you and noticing; how loose is the skin, are there stretch marks near your hips, and most importantly are your recti separated? See a board certified. Plastic surgeon who operates at aaa certified facility and haas done a ton of tummy tucks. 

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Full Abdominoplasty

A full abdominoplasty allows a redrape of the skin above the umbilicus.  A full abdominoplasty brings the umbilicus out through a new aperture in the abdominal skin flap - thus the belly button can be made smaller and further contoured.  A mini tummy tuck can be a great operation for the right patient, usually one with minimal skin laxity confined to the lower andomen below the umbilicus.  Many patients like the sound of a "mini tummy tuck" but actually are poor candidates for this procedure.  Revising a poorly executed, or ill advised mini tummy tuck can become far more difficult and create worse results and scarring than if the correct procedure is performed in the first place.  Make sure to see an ABPS board certified plastic surgeon for consultation.

Joshua Lampert, MD,FACS

Mini or Full TummyTuck......?

I would definitely recommend a Full TummyTuck.   A mini only tightens below your bellybutton.   A full tightens your entire abdomen.   There is no need for a horizontal scar near your belly button.   You may have a short vertical scar near your pubic region above the tummytuck scar.  This depends on how elastic your skin is.   
I would definitely recommend additional consultations for another opinion and more options.   
Good Luck

Do I need a mini or full tummy tuck?

Based on the one photo, I would suggest a full tummy tuck combined with liposuction to achieve the best cosmetic appearance. This will also allow for rejuvenation of the belly button.Good luck!

Tummy tuck

Only in a tummy tuck is the belly button pulled through a new hole making it look more youthful. In a mini tummy tuck, the separation of the skin ends at the belly button and only liposuction addresses the upper abdomen. Sometimes, I will add another incision to the mini at the top of the belly button to remove some extra skin. A plastic surgeon can examine you and make the determination about what procedure is best. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS