I start school in 2 weeks! How puffy will I be? And how to I ease dryness and discomfort?

Granted My rhinoplasty was 2 days ago, ofcourse I'm swollen. My surgeon said he put in a dorsal implant in my bridge to raise it and brought in the sides of my nose. For my tip not to be wide he made an incision in the bottom middle part of my nose, he sowed the inner part so my nostrils would look like more of a triangle? Anyways Im always feeling dizzy and my nose is dry! Saline nasal spray isn't working or Vaseline. It's worse because I have stitches all over the 'entry' of my nose.

Dryness/puffiness after rhino

It is important to consult with your surgeon about any questions or concerns you may have as they know your medical history, anatomy and surgery best. I would recommend you keep using the saline nasal spray and apply mupirocin ointment 4x a day to the nostril area/incision, this can help with the dry skin, and just try not to play around with the nasal area too much because you don’t want to cause any damage while you are healing. The swelling can take up to a year to fully reside; your doctor may prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help resolve some of the swelling. It will still be swollen in two weeks time but it will continue to go down over the next couple of weeks/months. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Most of your bruising and some of the swelling should improve. You will need to give it a full year and sometimes longer for the swelling to subside.  Best of luck.