I am 48 and 5 weeks post op. Any suggestions?

I just had breast reduction with a lift and implants. One implant is higher then the other. My implants are 175cc they were suppose to 200 to 225cc. I wanted my breast to be round in shape and I wanted a implant look bet round so that I don't have to wear a bra and I have the look that I am wearing s push up bra. I did not get that result. I am 5 weeks post up. Are they still changing shape?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well…
I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support!!

Breast appearance post op

You are still very early after surgery. I would wait at least 6 months before judging the appearance. Implants tend to ride high after surgery but over the next few months they should settle down and into place. As they settle the breast rounds out and the nipples elevate a little.

However, it is often hard to achieve the look of wearing a push up bra without a bra. It depends on your skin and breast tissue. If you are young, have never had kids, and have naturally tight skin, then this is possible. If your skin has stretch marks, was loose, if you have had kids, or have less dense breast tissue, then it may be difficult to achieve the look that you desire.

In any case, it is too early to tell. Good luck!

Jennifer Boll, MD
Tempe Plastic Surgeon

5 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
Five weeks after Breast Reduction, it's not time enough to express a valid opinion of results.
On the other hand, generally to avoid the normal p.o. swelling, I recommend to limit the arms movement for two weeks.
Also it's not advisable to carry weight and take the antiinflamatory painkillers drugs.
Finally, I recommend you always use a therapeutic bra.
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Implants at 5 weeks

At 5 weeks out, you are still healing and likely you implants will need more time to settle down.  Best of luck.

Shape after BBA and lift

Thanks for your question.  Your breast will certainly change in shape and settle as time goes on.  It takes up to 6 months for your final appearance to be reached. That being said, it is unlikely that you will have the look of a push up bra when you are braless. As far as implant size being different from what you had planned, I would discuss with your surgeon.  Bset Regards.

Time, patience, and close follow-up with your plastic surgeon…

Yes, the breasts will undoubtedly change shape (hopefully more to your liking) over the course of the next several weeks and even months. Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized.
Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other. Of course, your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment, advice, and/or meaningful reassurance. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.