Should I have the doctor take hair from the old incision if should he make another one? (Photo)

I'm going for a 3 re procedure, Doctor said it is up to me if I want him to use the old Incison to remove hair which is really low or he can make another incision right above it. Don't want another scar, just one don't know what to do? He said that if he uses the old incision it may get bigger, the scar.

Incision location

I always use the same incision site for following surgeries to minimize the number of scars in the long term 

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Scar options

If you think about the amount of scalp already missing from two previous procedures you would appreciate the concern for additional harvesting, not only from the current incision but from the donor area in  general terms.  Many patients in your situation will choose a FUE harvest technique to avoid  additional scars or additional  linear tissue removal.  The other main concern and question is , what are you doing to reduce  ongoing hair loss ? That is of major importance because you look young and with ongoing hair loss over time  there will be additional demands on your already stressed donor area.
Best Wishes
J Vogel, MD

James Vogel, MD

If you use the old incision to harvest the hairs, you will be left with ONE scar. If you use another area, you will be left wit

If you use the old incision to harvest the hairs, you will be left with ONE scar.  If you use another area, you will be left with TWO scars.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon