Should I see another surgeon or should I live with the growth? It's starting to affect my daily life again.

I have had lipoma regrowth on my left outer thigh twice now. The borders weren't clearly defined so the surgeon did tell me that it would be difficult to get all of the growth out. Pathology was normal both times. About three months after that surgery, it had grown back even bigger and I was forced to go back under for a more invasive surgery than the last. Now it has grown back. The problem is that its more painful and has reached the same size as it was after the second surgery.

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry that your lipoma regrowth has been painful and troublesome.  I would recommend voicing your concerns to your surgeon to have a frank discussion as to treatment options to definitively manage your lipoma. In most cases a lipoma is comprised of only a few fat cells and complete removal prevents recurrence.  That said, new lipomas can develop but are usually slow growing.  With your development of pain and recurrence of size of the lipoma, surgical excision is the gold standard treatment but depending on your pathology results and possible imaging studies a detailed surgical plan can be created.