Lip fillers with Juvederm. What can I do to make the swelling go down faster?

I recently got juvaderm lip in my top lip , its been about three days and the swelling hasn't gone away am I able to do something to make the swelling go down faster.

How to expedite swelling of the lips following fillers

Thank you for sharing your concerns. It is not clear if any treatment really helps to speed up resolution of swelling following the injection of fillers. Fortunately, the swelling is typically gone within a week. Cold compresses, Arnica and steroids might be useful. See your doctor for evaluation if there seems to be any problems other than mild swelling. Good luck.

Lip Swelling After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

It takes about 2-3 weeks to settle fully.  try claritin and icing in the mean time.  oral arnika forte can help.  Best, Dr. emer.

Ice the swelling

If you haven't already, try icing them with either a frozen bag of peas or corn. However, if it's persisted for longer than a week, I'd advise you to contact your surgeon. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Lip Fillers and swelling

If you still have swelling you can use a cold bag of peas to help decrease the swelling.  Severe swelling can be helped by Prednisone.  If it doesn't go down in a week you should return to your treating physician for examination.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip fillers

Usually lip fillers cause swelling of the lips and can take a week or more for it to settle down. Best to be patient.

Ice,

Ice is the easiest. Avoid anything that may bruise you before filler - this includes aspirin, anti-inflammatories etc... If you have marked swelling after fillers, your specialist may elect to give you a dose of oral prednisolone just after the filling session. This is not standard procedure but some doctors prescribe this for individual cases. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser Dermatologist
Brisbane
Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist