Wondering if I have gynecomastia? If so, how would I proceed with getting it treated? (Photo)

Wonderin if this is gyno or just extra fat?

Wondering if I have gynecomastia? If so, how would I proceed with getting it treated?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Accurate diagnosis would necessitate physical examination. It IS important to differentiate gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall). Treatment will differ depending on diagnosis. In most cases, gynecomastia is treated with resection of the excess breast tissue; peripheral chest liposuction may also be helpful.

Seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Getting Treatment for Gynecomastia

True gynecomastia is a combination of fat and breast tissue requiring surgical excision and liposuction for removal. Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and one who specializes in gynecomastia. Ask to view before and after pictures to see what type of results you can expect. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

Judging from your photos, you do appear to have mild gynecomastia. The treatment is usually excision of the breast tissue just behind the nipple area and probably a little liposuction to assure smoothness in the area. You will need to consult a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery for a personal examination for the final answer and plan. Best of luck to you.

You have gynecomastia and are a good candidate for gynecomstia surgery,just chose the right surgon

You are an ideal candidate for gynecomastia surgery, just find the right surgeon that can help you eliminating this condition

Mordcai Blau, MD

You have gynecomastia.

Gynecomastia is excess fat and gland on chest of a male patient. You have it. Surgical removal of gland and fat is your only option. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Your photos are of good quality. You certainly do appear to have gynecomastia, but a physical examination would be necessary to confirm this.Surgery is the definitive treatment. Be sure to do your homework and select a board certified plastic surgeon who does lots of gynecomastia surgeries. Check before and after photos of your prospective surgeon to confirm they are in line with your cosmetic goals.I've attached a link to our website which will be helpful to you.Best of luck!

Candidate for gynecomastia removal

Healthy male patients with excess breast tissue or unwanted breast development who have no underlying breast disease.Men who desire improved physical and aesthetic appearance should have realistic expectations based on their condition and the procedure performed. You should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to be able to get a formal diagnosis and to be able to decide on a course of treatment if necessary.

About Gynecomastia and the Treatment Options

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades.
About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.