If you are obese and you want the gastric bypass surgery will Medicaid cover the cost?

I am on Medicaid in Florida and would like to have this procedure done.My case was declined because of not having proof of weight-loss for six months. What do I do to get approval this time?

Medicaid Requirements

Hmm.  Let's see.  How about doing the six month weight-loss program and then getting those records?  (Am I missing something?)  Actually six months is pretty standard for all insurance companies.  Medicaid of Michigan requires 12 months, so you have a good deal.

Bloomfield Hills Bariatric Surgeon