What would be the cause of this indentation that appeared on my vertical incision of my abdominoplasty overnight? (Photo)

I am 9 days post-op from a fleur de lis abdominoplasty and breast lift. I noticed this indentation or "dimple" on my vertical incision. What could cause that? I don't have pain besides the normal pulling/soreness from incisions. I've attached two pictures in different lighting. Thank you!

Indentation likely a suture

Thank you for the question and photos.  The indentation is likely related a deep suture.  The reason for its appearance "overnight" is likely swelling going down.  If the suture is a dissolvable suture the indentation should improve with time.  Even with permanent sutures such indentations are likely to improve and go away with time.

Dr. Remus Repta

Indentation on abdominoplasty incision line?

Thank you for the question and pictures. The area of indentation is caused by a deeper (probably absorbable) suture. These areas of irregularities or "puckering" tend to smoothen out over the course of the first several months after surgery. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with long-term.

Wounds

That slight pucker or indentation is most likely due to tension on a deeper suture.  You may notice things like this more as your swelling decreases.  The swelling tends to hide puckers and dents.  BUT, don't worry and give yourself time, it should all settle down and look smooth.  Good luck, Jane

What would be the cause of this indentation that appeared on my vertical incision of my abdominoplasty overnight?

It is always best to ask your PS as they know more about you and your surgery specifically. My best guess would be that the indentation is from a suture tethering and will go away with time. Once your PS clears you to massage, start massaging that area. 

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs. Unfortunately without an in-person examination it is difficult to offer definite advice but it is most likely due to suturing technique of your skin.  Your surgeon would be able to provide you with the best reassurance.  

Dimple after tummy tuck

It is difficult to tell what may be causing this from your pictures alone. Often, when closing different layers of tissue, a suture may be placed at different levels on the opposing sides, creating a similar appearance. If this from dissolving sutures,it will typically resolve on its own. Ask your surgeon to examine it at your next visit.