I started Minoxidil 2% three weeks ago but I want to stop it. Any suggestions? (photo)

My dermatologist prescribed Minoxidil 2% because I have been having hair loss for 6 months now. However, reading about the lifetime time commitment scared me and now I want to stop it and try something else. Is 3 weeks too late to stop? How can I do that?

There are options available for you

Hello, HSA.It is perfectly ok if you want to change for a different treatment. There are many options in the market nowadays. I understand how frustrating it can be, specially being a female, to suffer of hair loss. I want to make a remark on the fact that any non-surgical treatments that you perform are to be continued for life in order for them to stop the hair from falling.A successful treatment that I always recommend is the PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma). This procedure consists on getting some of your blood and putting it in a machine that will separate the different ingredients that are in the blood. From those ingredients we take the growth factors and inject them in your scalp. These growth factors will start working in your follicles enhancing your hair and reducing (and even stopping) the rate of your hair loss.Best of lucks and I hope you find this useful.

Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride, Spironolactone, follicular unit (FUE) hair transplantation/ARTAS

More than 2% rogaine is needed for hair improvement.  Please see a hair loss expert to get the most out of your treatment and prevent future loss.  Best, Dr. Emer.