I'm 18, 34 E breasts. I'd much rather be a C. What is the likelihood I'd need a breast reduction to get where I want?

I'm trying to lose weight to hopefully decrease my bust size but I've already lost 10 and weigh less than 140. I don't want to go below 130 but I've seen no change in breast size. What is the likelihood I'd need a breast reduction to get where I want? And how much would that probably run?

Do you need a BR?

Also known as reduction mammoplasty, this is an operation intended to reduce the size of a woman's breasts and improve their shape and position. Frequently, the areola (dark skin around the nipple) is also made smaller. Functional symptoms (medical disorders) caused by excessive breast weight may be relieved or improved by this operation. Breast reduction procedures are ideal for:

• Women who have large, heavy breasts, which may be the cause of movement difficulties, back, shoulder and neck pain, poor posture, bra-strap indentations and chafing under the breasts will benefit from reduction.
  • Women with excessive breast size, which may decrease a sense of attractiveness and self-confidence, are candidates.
  • Women with large breasts that interfere with normal daily activities or with exercise will be more comfortable when reduced.

BBR

I would think it is most likely for you to need a BBR if you want to reduce your breast size, if you do not wish to lose more weight.

Bit hard for me to say, when I don't know how tall you are as well, but weightloss doesn't always equal breast loss.

best of luck

Need a breast reduction to get where I want?

Although definitive advice would require in person evaluation or viewing photographs, it is likely that breast reduction surgery would be beneficial when it comes to achieving your described goals.

When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, insurance company involvement (if any)… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.