Is it healing properly? Bottom out? Indent? (photo)

I'm about 2 weeks post op, with cohesive gel implants, I'm concerned about the indentation I've noticed it since first day post op, are my implants healing well?

Indent

Thank you for the photo but an examination is needed so relate your concerns to your surgeon.

Dr Corbin

Two weeks post-op

The results at two weeks after surgery are too early to predict the final results of your breast surgery. Some "dents", asymmetries, and areas of fullness will resolve as your swelling resolves, muscles relax, and your breast tissue and implant settle into your final position over the course of several months. Continue following the post-operative instructions and dressings provided to you by your plastic surgeon to maximize your outcome. 

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Inframammary fold lowered?

Was you inframammary fold lowered? Not sure what the indent is from without examining you; you may need to change out your cohesive gells? What company and what implants are they?

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Early in recovery phase

At only two weeks postoperatively, you're still very early in the healing phase and most of what you're seeing can be ascribed to swelling. Without seeing your preoperative photos, it's hard to tell what's going on from your postoperative photos but they generally look okay to me. Stay in touch with your chosen plastic surgeon and follow their postop protocol for the best result. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Healing after breast implants

2 weeks is very early in the recovery period and is not a good time to typically predict how your final result will be.  Implants and tissues will continue to settle for several weeks to even months.  If there was any additional suturing or capsule work, this can take longer.  I recommend staying in contact with your surgeon and keeping patience until you have fully healed and implants have settled.  

John McFate, MD