I would like to have fuller looking lips, what can I do?

Fuller lips

The first step for someone considering fuller lips is to have a small amount of a hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm Ultra or Beletero injected.  Most patients are happy with the natural effect this affords, and do not mind repeating the treatments every year or less.

I suggest Hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane would give you a great result, its safe but not permanent, typically the results will last 8-12 months

Fuller lips with a natural result

The key to fuller lips with a natural result is proper placement and product use.  If you have naturally thin lips then the product used should be a hyaluronic acid which is thinnner such as Belotero.  If you have naturally fuller lips I would choose a thicker product such as Restylane or Juvederm.  Proper proportions and placement are also critical to a natural looking fuller lip.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with facial injections.

Fuller lips

There are a variety of options available and they may vary depending on exactly which part(s) of the lips you are trying to change. This can range from injections, to fat transfers to implants to surgery. A hands-on evaluation and face-to-face discussion will be necessary for more specific information and advice.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Injectable Fillers like Juvederm or Restylane

Hello,injectable fillers like Juvederm and Restylane are a great temporary option for making lips fuller. The fillers usually last between 9 months and a year. If you like how full your lips look after the fillers and would like a more permanent option, you can do a fat transfer to your lips. Good luck!

Michael E. Jones, MD