Can Someone with Full Face Get Fillers?

My face is originally full but I've had jaw surgery done and now it is full in areas like my chin and upper lip. My temple area looks thin, by my ears is hollow. Would fillets help or will my face just look bigger and more puffy

Doctor Answers 4

Perlane and fullness

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Without viewing photo's of what you are specifically referring to, it's difficult to say what will be your best outcome. Visiting with a well trained and reputable provider is a good first step!

Full face and fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Fillers such as Sculptra are designed for the exact areas you described so perfectly. When these recessed, sunken, valley type areas are "filled", then your face will look more youthful and rested....not just round or puffy.

Im afraid you will love it.

Kristen A. Richards, MD
La Jolla Dermatologist

Fillers fill valleys in the face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Fillers are placed in the valleys, not the peaks. An experienced injector would be able to fill in the temples and other sunken areas and bring more symmetry and youth to your face, without accentuating the already full areas.

Which Facial Filler for Me?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi BSF.  If the outer area of the face is slim (cheeks, temples, sides of jaw), then we would likely suggest longer lasting fillers like Radiesse or Sculptra.  These tend to be very good for the "frame" of the face, which is everything away from the mouth, nose and eyes.

Regardless of your facial structure, if you think the face is slim or losing volume in these areas, the two products noted can help.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD
Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.4 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.