Will Botox injections to the forehead (glabella) make it harder to concentrate?

This is a weird question, but I've heard people frown when thinking hard about something and it makes it easier to concentrate. I read that frowning activates the critical part of the brain that helps you to analyze, etc. So, my question is, if I get botox to the glabella, will I not be able to concentrate as well and think analytically? I currently frown a lot when thinking hard about something and I feel it helps me think/concentrate better.

Botox and Concentration

Botox only works on the muscles of facial expression.  It has no effect on your ability to concentrate.  Botox can also help with migraines if placed in the glabellar area.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with Botox and facial injections.

Botox only works on the muscles

Botox should not affect your ability to concentrate.  Botox is a chemical that prevents the muscle and nerve from "talking" so that the muscle doesn't understand the signal sent from the brain to contract.  The muscles contracting due to concentration will not occur, but the ability to concentrate should not change.    

Trang Vo-Nguyen, MD
Chantilly Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Concentration

Botox will only keep your muscles from moving and will NOT affect your ability to think or concentrate. I have personally used Botox and love the results. Good Luck. #Dr. Gervais

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Botox and thinking

Have no fear, having Botox will not impair your ability to think or concentrate. It will just keep your muscles from moving . You will love the results.

Esta Kronberg, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox treatment for glabella and concentration

There is no impact of Botox on your ability to concentrate. It is a very safe and effective cosmetic treatment for your frown lines, and will not impact your analytical capability. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

BOTOX for Forehead Wrinkles

BOTOX is a drug that slows down or weakens muscle contraction.  The frowning process is for non verbal communication or emotion and not related to the process of concentrating or thinking. Go ahead and get treated, I think you will like the results.

Best regards,

Dr. Brian Windle

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Botox does not interefere with cognative processes

Botox has zero to do with your ability to think and do analytical problems.  Absolute zero!   My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Botox and concentration

Botox to the glabellar region will not impact one's ability to concentrate. One should get reduction of the wrinkling with no other significant issues

Janet Turkle, MD

I do not believe Botox in the glabella will make it harder to concentrate as the corrugator muscles are not associated with cognitive function. They are purely muscles of expression. If you feel frowning or squinting helps you think/concentrate better, then you will need to weigh the benefits, but I do not feel that they are connected.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Can you concentrate after Botox

There is no scientific data that shows any lack of concentration after Botox Cosmetic in the glabellar (in-between the eyebrows) area.  I have personally had it in that area as have thousands of our clients and none of them nore myself have had any issues with concentration.

James F. Farrell, MD (in memoriam)
Winter Park Facial Plastic Surgeon