I have severe diastasis recti. How do I find a doctor who specializes in muscle repair and tummy tucks in North Dallas area?
Doctor Answers 4
Diastasis recti - how to find a surgeon
- You need to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
- To find one, go to the website of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- All of us are Board Certified.
- Look for those near you and arrange a consultation.
- You may need a tummy tuck, extended tummy tuck or even a lower body lift -
- What you have depends on what bothers you most - so definitely the tummy tuck portion is needed.
- FYI - self-styled "cosmetic surgeons" may have no surgical training and the information you were given was misleading. You do not need a diastasis expert. You need a Board Certified plastic surgeon specializing in cosmetic surgery.
- Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
I have severe diastasis recti. How do I find a doctor?
I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery.
***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Tummy Tuck - Finding A Surgeon?
You might also like...
Tummy tuck and diastasis recti
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.