Can rhinoplasty thin my soft tissue? (photos)

i wanna know if a nose job will work for me, I like the structure of my nose until it gets to the tip, its really thick and soft, and also the sides , can they be reduced , there to wide . How much will a procedure like this be $$?

Thick skin rhinoplasty

You can refine your tip but shaping the underlying cartilage but the limiting factor to getting a really refined tip is the skin envelope.  That will be the limiting factor with your rhinoplasty

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Can rhinoplasty thin my soft tissue?

Your nasal tip could be made less wide, more contoured, and less flat.The nasal base could also be narrowed and the nostril made smaller.The cost for the surgery, anesthesia, and operating room would be $6,800.

Fred Suess, MD

Rhinoplasty and thick skin

Rhinoplasty is a surgery to change the shape of your nose. Refining a round and soft nasal tip is a common request. Skin thickness determines the technique required to improve the nasal tip.
Thin skin can get away with a reduction of the structure underneath.Thick skin needs more structure to stretch the skin to make it appear more refined/ smaller from the front. However, this means the nose may potentially look larger from the side. 
I recommend having a consultation with a rhinoplasty expert who will ask you questions, examine your nose, and take photographs. She/he can show you potential changes that would be appropriate for your face. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi and thanks for your question. Yes rhinoplasty can certainly thin the tissue of your tip based upon work done primarily on the cartilage and secondarily on the skin and soft tissue. Find a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Don't shop price but look for a very experienced surgeon. That's my advice after over thirty years perfroming rhinoplasty. Good luck!
Richard Chaffoo,MD,FACS,FICSTriple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

RHINOPLASTY CANDIDATE

Dear peter599, While rhinoplasty surgery addresses the underlying structures of the nose and does not thin the actual skin you can still have improvement in the appearance of your nose by refining the tip and reducing the width of the nasal base. Seek consultation with some experts in the field and have imaging performed to show you a realistic proposed result taking into consideration your skin thickness. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Can Rhinoplasty Thin My Soft Tissue?

A rhinoplasty can be done to change the contour and size of your tip cartilages and provide support for the underlying structures but it will not thin the thick envelope of skin. The base of your nose can also be narrowed. Despite these limitations, significant improvement can be achieved. Consult with an expert surgeon so you can establish reasonable goals.

Can rhinoplasty thin the soft tissues of the nose?

Rhinoplasty is a procedure involving making changes to the cartilaginous and bony framework of the nose.  It is not possible to change the thickness of the skin.