Should I lose the most amount of weight possible before going in for a cheek augmentation for best result? (Photos)

I am 160 lbs and I want my face to be contoured like Kim kardashian, my face isn't all that chubby but it could be a whole lot slimmer. Should I lose the most amount of weight possible for best results on my fave before going in to get it done ? Also what would I need to get done in order to achieve the Kim kardashian look ? I have had lip fillers done . Would under eye fillers need to be done ?

Weight fluctuation and facial contouring

It is idea for patients to be stable from a weight perspective prior to any facial contouring procedures. This is because we want to have a clean slate when deciding where to augment, how to augment, how to transition facial subunit to facial subunit for the look you are trying to obtain.

You are a beautiful woman. More beautiful than KK in my view. I would try and take advantage of the beauty you have and create your own unique look. For instance you have stunning eyes.  I do think some under eye filler could possibly help to frame your eyes and grab even more attention.

Hope this helps.

DrC

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should I lose the most amount of weight possible before going in for a cheek augmentation for best result?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years.  From the photos, your cheeks are a bit flat in the front and there is excess fat in front of the cheeks.  This excess fat can be reduced using liposuction at the same time as the cheek implants are placed.  I frequently perform these together to further shape the cheeks.   

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.  It doesn't appear from your photos that you need to loose significant weight from your face.

The sides of your chin are weak which can be augmented using s dermal filler to help balance the lower face (I prefer using Restylane Lyft).

Should I Lose Weight Before Cheek Augmentation

It is not necessary or beneficial to lose the "most amount of weight" before cheek augmentation but it is good to be at your normal weight  before the surgery. Fillers at the lower eyelid margin would be helpful to improve the contour and transition onto your new cheeks.

Weight gain or loss prior to surgery

We prefer to operate on patients at their baseline weight, regardless of the procedure.  That way the surgeon can maximize the result at the weight the patient will most likely have.  If you gain or lose weight after surgery, you may not get an optimal result.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Should I lose the most amount of weight possible before going in for cheek augmentation?

It is always best to be at your ideal body weight before undergoing elective cosmetic surgery. Cheek implants will  not can give you contouring in your cheeks, they simply add volume to the existing cheeks. Cheek implants are placed for patients who have a flat maxilla and a flat cheek profile. Cheek implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes which is best determined at the time of the consultation. For more information about the implants themselves including before and after results, please see the video and the link below

Losing weight before a procedure

Changes in your weight can alter the appearance of your face. There are fat pockets that create contour and volume in your face. Although you may have a goal weight in mind, it is more important to be at a stable weight. If you reach your goal, proceed with your treatment, and then your weight changes again, your result may not be as good as you hoped. Another thing to know is that as your waistline changes, your face may not change at the same rate. Stability is key. Safety comes first.

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Keeping Up with Kim--Cheek Augmentation with Fillers (Voluma, Radiesse), Sculptra, fat, implants

You can't predict where you will lose weight and how it will affect your facial volume. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a facial contouring expert. Facial fillers (Voluma, Radiesse, Perlane, Bellafill): Sculptra, implants or fat can be used for cheek augmentation, facial volume and contour. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer