What do I need to have a flat male looking chest? (Photo)

I had Gyno surgery 5 months ago and not happy with the out come at all. I've still got cones on my chest and want to know what operation will be needed to fix my problem?

About Gynecomastia and the Treatment Options

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades.
About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.

To be quite honest, your chest looks good from the photos.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

John Nguyen, MD, FACS

What do I need to have a flat male looking chest?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after gynecomastia surgery. Frankly, I do not see “cones” on your chest wall. Be careful that you are not overly critical about what you ask for; if a surgeon is overly aggressive and removes too much tissue, you may end up with a contour deformity (saucer deformity),  that is difficult to reconstruct. Again, be careful with your decision-making. Best wishes.

5 months post gynecomastia

There is insufficient information to assess the quality of the surgery. Speak with your surgeon as he or she knows the scope of the surgery and the specifics about you to ensure you are healing as expected.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Gyno

Thank you for the photos Nd question though cleRly more infoation is needed like what procedure was done.  That said in my practice I excise all the gland and sculpt the surrounding tissue so my patients are always flat after surgery

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD