How much filler would I need to get a noticeable difference in my lips? (Photo)

Okay so I like my lips but always wanted more volume... I feel like my chin is too long and i have an annoying horizontal indent under my mouth i feel like my thin lips draw more attention to it. I want a pouty-er look like when I over line my lips (i included a pic of my normal lips and one of how id like them to look) would it be possible to achieve this look in one session? If so how much filler would I need?

Doctor Answers 3

Lip filler

Hi and thank you for your question!

Based on the pictures the maximum that I recommend is around
1 cc of hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juviderm or Restylane. As a rule of
thumb I never inject more than 1 cc into the lips at once. Even in cases
that due to the shape of lips or expectation of client they might need more
than 1 cc, I do the 1 cc  first and ask
the patient to come back in 2 weeks and get additional filler. That being said,
looking at your picture and shape of your face and lips and to keep a nice and natural
looking result, I will not recommend more than 1 cc. I hope it helps and
good luck!

Irvine Physician
4.8 out of 5 stars 25 reviews

1ml at most.

You will not need more than one ml. of filler- Juvederm, or Restylane or Belotero are all excellent products. Keep your lips in balance. They do NOT want to be the centre of attention of your face, but in balance with the volume and facial features. You have great bone structure, so enhancing your overall look, including your lips will not take a lot of product. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Laser and aesthetic dermatologist. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist
4.7 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

Lip augmentation

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. I think you are an excellent candidate for lip augmentation with a hyaluronic acid filler. Depending on the look you want to achieve, I'd start with 0.5-1 cc of product. You might also like some filler placed in your chin to give more anterior projection. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.