Could my breast asymmetry be corrected with augmentation alone? (Photo)

I am a 46 year old currently in a small C on left side and A on Right. My main goal is is to add volume and correct the asymmetry so I can wear clothing and feel comfortable in my own body.

Yes, an augmentation will help with volume, but from the photos you posted, your breasts are droopy and shaped differently.  If you just did an augmentation, you would have more fullness on top but some of your droopy breast tissue will hang off of your implant.  Some people are fine with that but also keep in mind that an augmentation alone tends to make any asymmetries that you have pre-operatively, more obvious so if the droopiness or different shape bother you, you may want to consider a lift as well.  It would be best to go see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation and exam so you can go over your expectations and learn what options you have that would be the best choice to get you as close to your goal as possible.  Also look at lift with augmentation photos so you can become comfortable with the scar pattern. Good luck! ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Volume symmetry can easily be accomplished with asymmetric implants

and if you did not mind droopy larger breasts, then you can accomplish this easily.  Most patients would want to rejuvenate their breasts at the same time with a lift but that requires additional scars, more costs and risks, and still the possibility that you will not have perfect symmetry.  Best to see a local board certified plastic surgeon and let him/her inform you of your choices and anticipated outcomes.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast lift and augmentation recommended for an asymmetric patient

I would recommend both an augmentation and lift to restore symmetry to your breasts - a small reduction of your larger breast would further improve symmetry. An augmentation alone will create a poor cosmetic result.

Could my breast asymmetry be corrected with augmentation alone?

Based on your photos, you have grade 3 ptosis (sagging) and asymmetry. An augmentation alone will not be able to improve symmetry, since an implant 2 cup sizes larger would need to be placed into the smaller breast to match the larger one. You want to augment them both, and do a vertical breast lift with some tissue taken out of the larger one. Remember they are sisters and not twins. Perfect symmetry cannot be achieved. See a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation/evaluation. good luck.

Breast lift and augmentation is for you

Your photos show breast droopiness which needs a lift to move the nipples up. Then an augmentation will add volume and fullness depending on what implants are selected.

Breasts Asymmetry

Hi, thanks for your pictures and your inquiry. Your breasts need a lift and different size of implants so you can get the result you are looking for.

Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

You breast asymmetry is both a volume and positional problem.  I would suggest a conservative augmentation combined with a breast lift/mastopexy.

John Burns, MD

Correcting breast asymmetry

Great question for a very common breast problem. Most women have breast asymmetry and correction with breast augmentation is an option. Breast augmentation alone will only correct the volume or cup size differences that you see. Likely you would also benefit from a breast lift or mastopexy as well to lift the nipple and areolas and make them more symmetrical as well. Good Luck!!

Jennifer Geoghegan, MD

Breast Asymmetry and Ptosis

You would not be served well with a breast augmentation alone.  You will need a breast lift in addition to produce a normal, attractive result. 

Please see a few surgeons that specialize in all aspects of cosmetic breast surgery, not just implants. Certification with the ABPS and membership with the ASAPS are important criteria as well.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Thank you for the question in the photos. It is difficult to answer your question without examining you. However, you have multiple issues including one is ptosis of the breasts, another is that right breast appears to be constricted and the nipple areolar complex are also different. You may require augmentation mastopexy and still may have some asymmetries. I would not be surprised if you have additional procedures to correct your assymetries. It all depends on your expectations if your najor concern is size augmentation would be fine but you should strongly consider mastopexy. It is best to discuss this with your board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.