Can braces help close the gap of my extracted premolar?

I need to get my 1st premolar on right upper jaw extracted because it cannot be save due to too much decay and is fractured below the gum line. I have an option of an implant but its too expensive for me right now. Is it possible for the back teeth to move forward and have my 2nd premolar replace the 1st?

Movement of teeth possible

Although the movement of the teeth to replace a missing tooth is possible. It most likely wont be the ideal treatment for you since it may interfere with your midlines and it can create a cosmetic problem for you. Ideally you need a comprehensive evaluation to evaluate the best option in your case.All the best,

Los Angeles Dentist