Had BA 5 days ago, feels like my muscles are contracting. Advice? (photos)

I had 450cc's under the muscle placed 5 days ago and I feel like the muscles are contracting, also my right breast is higher and tighter than the other and is also more sore. Opinions on these symptoms would be helpful. Thank you.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Normal

Your experience is quite normal after submuscular placement of implants. In my practice, we prescribe Valium, a muscle relaxant to soften the muscle which can help with this discomfort. I would ask your surgeon if this would be good option for you. It takes 3 months for swelling to subside and 6 months for implants to settle into position.

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Muscle Discomfort One Week After #breastimplants #breastaugmentation

• The photo that you have provided shows implants that are riding very high, and this is commonly seen so soon after a breast augmentation.
  • For women that start out with very small breasts, it can take MONTHS before the implants settle into place and stretch out the lower pole breast skin.
  • Also, it is very common for one implant to ride a bit higher than the other for awhile. 
  • You may indeed be having some muscle spasms, and with time this will resolve as well. 
  • Hang in there, and discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeons. 
  • Thanks for sharing!

Had BA 5 days ago, feels like my muscles are contracting.

Based on the information you shared the muscle contractions you are feeling are very normal.  Talk to your surgeon about taking a muscle relaxer if the muscle spasm is too much.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Muscle spasms after breast augmentation

Thanks for the question it is normal to have muscle spasms after breast augmentation.  Especially when implants are placed below the muscle.   I commonly prescribe a muscle relaxant to help with this which is very effective.  The muscle spasms will improve as the muscle relaxes.  Best of luck

Raymond Jean MD Board certified Plastic surgeon Bryn Mawr, Philadelphia

Raymond Jean, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Muscle Contracting after breast augmentation

The muscle contractions you are feeling are very normal.  Sometimes, if the muscles spasm too much a muscle relaxer can be prescribed.  

It is not unusual for one side to feel and/or look different after surgery.

Follow your surgeons advice and make sure you go to all your follow up appointments.

Had breast implants 5 days ago, feels like my muscles are contracting. Advice?

Thank you for your question.  It is very normal at 5 days after breast augmentation for the implants to be high  and for muscle spasms to occur. Please see your plastic surgeon and ask when you may start breast implant displacement exercises which will help relieve the spasm and encourage the implants to drop.  Understand it takes at least 3 months for the implants to reach their final position.

Speak to your surgeon

best to speak to your surgeon regarding the spasms, this can and often does happen, some surgeons give muscle relaxants to help counteract this. As for the high riding implants, this is also very common, over the next month or so things will drop and settle, be patient, I am sure your surgeon told you this, you just didnt listen. 

Early post op, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Implants at 5 days

At 5 days you are likely pretty swollen. It is likely that your muscles are in spasm as well.  Best to give it time to heal. This can take 4-6 months for things to soften.