400cc looks on my breasts - should implants actually be 420cc during my surgeries?

I'm 5 ft, 120 lbs, my breast size is 34B, I'm want to add 400cc, Ok, I want the look of 400cc on me, saline, high profiles, under my muscle, But should I go with 420cc or 430cc cause it will be under my muscles to get the look I want?? I have been just trying in sizers. No Breast lift, just breast aug. I heard that since it's in your muscles it tends to be tighter and you look a little bit smaller. Thank you for taking your time and answering my questions :)

When undecided about two different breast implant sizes before breast augmentation and go with the larger.

The vast majority of women wish they'd gone a bit bigger when asked about size after breast augmentation. I would suggest you go with the larger of the two sizes you mention.

#BreastImplant Sizing for #BreastAugmentation

A shot glass is 45 cc and the difference between these implants is negligable. Communicate with your surgeon rather than fretting over 10-20 ccs. Some generalized ideas on sizing are as follows.

There is no way to reliably pick which implant is right based upon your measurements alone and implant "CCs." Many things such as your skin quality, breast width, skin elasticity, existing breast tissue, chest wall shape and implant size and implant fill all contribute to your ultimate "look" after augmentation.

No physician can predict what each implant will do on your body until they are "sized in surgery."
The best way to achieve the look you want after augmentation is first a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and adequate communication with your surgeon. This is accomplished through the consult, exam, measurements, anatomic assessment and then in-office sizing. We also encourage patients to bring in photos of the "look" they are trying to achieve. Once all of this has been accomplished, the patient needs to put their trust into their physician to make the "best choice" of likely imperfect options. Then, you will get your "version" of your ideal outcome.

Vincent Marin, MD
MarinAesthetics.com

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Picking the right size implant to obtain the best result is an imperfect science.  Since the sizers that you are trying on prior to surgery are placed over the skin, you do not get an exact image of what the final appearance will be below the skin or below the skin and muscle.  The ability of your skin to stretch and retract can be estimated prior to surgery but is best determined during the procedure.  The best way to improve the chances of you being pleased with the final outcome is to have a detailed conversation with your board certified plastic surgeon so that he or she will know your true desires.  If you would be happier being larger than smaller, or small than larger, let them know before the surgery so they can make the changes necessary when the procedure is being performed.

I hope this helps!  Good luck with your decision.

William J. Vinyard, MD
Palm Beach, Florida  

William J. Vinyard, MD, FACS
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Sizing

When my patients find sizers that give the desired appearance, I will usually choose an implant about 5 to 10% larger to achieve that look since I find that the sizers look larger on top of the breast than will the same size implant placed surgically. 

For silicone implants that usually means the next size up. For saline, it means filling about 5-10% more.  For both US saline manufacturers, the 400 cc saline can be filled to 430 cc.

All the best. 

Size

I get this question all the time and the girls in my office that do the sizing recommend that you go a little bigger. My attitude is which would you be more upset about being smaller then you wanted to be or bigger. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Size of implant

Twenty or thirty cc's is not a large volume. I would suggest go ahead and select the larger volume, but discuss this first with your surgeon.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

It is reasonable to go a little bigger when going under the muscle. Most patients wish they would have gone a little bigger. You should consult with your plastic surgeon.

Martin Jugenburg, MD