3 months after full lift and implant surgery I am having drainage? (Photos)

what causes drainage? I went running, the next day my right breast was swollen and I felt like I had the flu.. achy, sweaty, cold. A week later under that side got really swollen and inflamed. Then got a bump, now draining? Also I feel like I can feel the implant. Like it's going to poke through my skin.

3 months Post Op Complication

Thank you for your question and photos. This is unexpected and problematic, especially this long after surgery. You need to make an appointment with your Plastic Surgeon ASAP.

All the best

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you make an appointment to see your surgeon so he/she can evaluate you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time..

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Drainage 3 months after full lift and implant

Hi OceanaH,

It sounds to me that like you have developed an infection and that your implant may become exposed very soon. Please go see your plastic surgeon tomorrow.

Dr. Christine Rodgers

3 months after full lift and implant surgery and I am having drainage

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Unfortunately it appears that you have developed an infection with impending breast implant exposure.  You need to see your surgeon for an in-person evaluation and treatment discussion.  This likely will require implant removal and antibiotic administration.  Best wishes. 

Late drainage after breast lift

Your problem is likely due to a self dissolving suture that has not fully healed.

See your plastic surgeon to remedy this; it should be straightforward.

Brent Moelleken, MD

INFLAMMATION/DRAINAGE

I am very concerned you have an infection. You are exhibiting sign of an infection with redness, drainage and breakdown of your incision. You need an appointment with your surgeon ASAP.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Drainage 3 months after augmentation

It looks like there is redness in addition to the drainage.  I would be concerned for an infection.  This is not normal.  You need to see your surgeon as soon as possible.

David S. Chang, MD

Redness and drainage 3 months postop

Thank you for your question and photos.  I am sorry to hear about your complications.  From what I can see on the photo, there is real concern for infection due to redness and drainage.  I would be concerned about wound separation and loss of your implant.  You need to see your surgeon ASAP.  Best wishes. 

months after full lift and implant surgery I am having drainage

You need to see your surgeon. You might require a small debridement and repeat closure of the incision as well as some antibiotics

Julio Garcia, MD

Advice

Hello and thank you for your question.  If you are draining, I highly recommend you see your surgeon as soon as possible.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD