What Frequency Should Be Used for at Home Hand Held Ultrasonic Massager After Lipo?

I had lipo of the stomach inner thighs and back two weeks ago. I would like to do the ultrasonic massage at home and need to know which hand held machine to purchase. I believe the frequency ranges from 1-5 MHz's

Massage after liposuction

Massage after liposuction is often a good idea. Lymphatic drainage massage by a good therapist is the best treatment. In my office we often use ultrasonic massage only when there are small hematomas or firm areas that need to broken up and it works quite well. I think that doing the ultrasound therapy yourself at home without any previous experience may be dangerous and it is best to check with your surgeon before attempting this.

Ultrasonic Massage at Home after Liposuction

I do not recommend this modality as I am not sure that anyone has demonstrated this to be beneficial.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA