Weight gain for bbl good idea? Scheduled for 7/8. Will be doing lipo of the flanks, abdomen, bra roll and thighs. (photos)

I'm currently 5'4 and 150lbs. I feel huge right now but I still have people telling me I should gain weight for the procedure in order to have the best result. I recently gained 8lbs (not specifically for bbl) and I really don't want to gain anymore weight but I also don't want to do this for nothing. I do workout daily and am wondering if maybe I should just ease up on the workouts in order to let some muscle turn to fat? Based on my current body, do you think I will have a good result?

Weight gain for bbl good idea? Scheduled for 7/8. Will be doing lipo of the flanks, abdomen, bra roll and thighs.

You do not need to gain weight.  You can have a great result with the appropriate board certified plastic surgeon.  Make sure that you select a surgeon who has hundreds of before and after pictures and reviews.  You only want to do the surgery once.

Beverly Hills, CA

Weight gain for bbl good idea?

In general, I would not recommend gaining excessive weight for any surgery including a Brazilian butt lift.  From your photos you do not need to gain weight to have a nice result from a BBL procedure.  Keep up with your workout regime.  This will be the best approach to your surgery.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Weight for BBL

Hello Mamajay and thank you for your question! Looking at your pictures, you already have a great shape and I think that you have the right framework to achieve an even better look. Your silhouette would be greatly improved by aggressive liposuction of your flanks, abdomen, and lower back. Your thighs may also have a little liposuction to add fat to your buttocks and hips. By slimming the contour of your waist, flanks, and back with liposuction, your buttocks will already appear perkier when put next to a much slimmer waistline; liposuction will allow your surgeon to harvest fat to also transfer to your buttocks to further enhance this look. The shape which you desire can be created to your wishes by placing the fat in the right places to give you the "buttock shape" you desire. It is hard to determine how much fat you can get injected into each buttocks without an in-person examination, but I think you could easily get 500-750cc's on each side.

As for gaining weight, I am not a big fan of this because a) it is not healthy and b) because your fat will shrink when you get back down to your normal weight. If you want to know what your long-term results will end up like, you should go into surgery at your stable weight.

I hope this helps and make sure to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in advanced body contouring techniques.

Sincerely,

Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD

Brazi

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks. You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon